Matthijs de Ligt

100% true. Imagine a defence of Robertson, Trent, De Ligt and Van Dijk. That's the best defence in the world by a country distance- if not already with Matip in there.
But that would be spending big money to strengthen where they don't need it. They improve more by spending the money on a creative midfielder or two, and back up so they can rotate their front 3 more. They conceded 21 getting De Ligt won’t improve that by enough to be worth the wages he wants.

But that would be spending big money to strengthen where they don't need it. They improve more by spending the money on a creative midfielder or two, and back up so they can rotate their front 3 more. They conceded 21 getting De Ligt won’t improve that by enough to be worth the wages he wants.
Matip isn't the youngest. We didn't need Mahrez last season but you've always got to spend to improve in every area. Having De Lift and Van Dijk as a partnership for 10 years could be in their thinking. Both play there for their countries.

100% true. Imagine a defence of Robertson, Trent, De Ligt and Van Dijk. That's the best defence in the world by a country distance- if not already with Matip in there.
giphy.gif

Van Dijk is already the best around at the moment. Having a player alongside with the potential to be even better, and then Robertson the best LB around at the moment on current form. Trent also one of the best attacking full backs with a record breaking amount of assists for a RB. Name me a better defence? There isn't one, and they would be all very young too.

Van Dijk is already the best around at the moment. Having a player alongside with the potential to be even better, and then Robertson the best LB around at the moment on current form. Trent also one of the best attacking full backs with a record breaking amount of assists for a RB. Name me a better defence? There isn't one, and they would be all very young too.
No idea about a better defence, but I'm not arrogant enough to say it's the best in the world as I only watch the English league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.