Close season depression when your board don’t give a F

Magicpole

Team supported
Celtic
It’s that time of year again for me. We need to buy about six players and we all hoped they would be as good as we could afford. Ridiculous and stupid obviously, but, I hoped.

A week ago a list of targets was leaked and every name on it was a huge oh fuck moment.

We know we can’t compete for known players of quality, but there are players out there. We found VVD for example, this list mostly featured players who can get a game in the shitier teams in England.

So far, even though we start the 580 qualifying stages of the CL in a few weeks, nada.

There is also a young Scottish player who I think will be a star whose team want £3m for and we bid £2m and it looks like we won’t go back.

I will need to get to the doctors, or even email Gove to ask for his dealers number to help me cope.

I hate every window as our board do fuck all. We have regressed and that looks set to continue, with the **** that us Lawell running our cheapskate show.

It’s not easy when your board have no balls. We can’t afford the best obviously but by fuck we can do better than what we get served up.

I think I will start back on the glue.

Sadly most football boards are in it for themselves.

Did you intentionally post this in Off-topic as it's about Scottish football?

Sorry couldn't resist. ;)

Sadly most football boards are in it for themselves.

Did you intentionally post this in Off-topic as it's about Scottish football?

Sorry couldn't resist. ;)

Yes. :)

It’s mostly about the negative effect a board of shitebags can have on our mental health.

I really do go into a slump. I’m not a nutcase thinking we could compete for the cream, but we can and should look for young guys who have the potential to become that standard.

The worst thing is we go for players usually no better and in too many instances actually worse than what we have.

It does my head in.

problem you have is there is no incentive to spend money, you win everything in Scotland anyway, and you'll never be close to the Champions League, so there is absolutely no incentive to spend more than tick-over money

problem you have is there is no incentive to spend money, you win everything in Scotland anyway, and you'll never be close to the Champions League, so there is absolutely no incentive to spend more than tick-over money

We qualified twice and got into the EL. That’s like winning it to us. Of course we will never get anywhere near winning it, or for the forseable future even get into the last 16. That’s not what I’m talking about. The money we get by simply qualifying in total is about £60m. When you look at what we earn from winning the Treble and add on Sky tv money it’s totaks just over £5m.

We need to qualify but the way we invest what we do earn means every year we move further away from that being realistic. Securing it means we continue to be the top team up here. Not securing it puts that at risk too.

It’s a fucking fuck up.

That fucking depressed he puts it into Of topic instead of the general football forum, though as it's Scottish football he's talking about, maybe it's the right place after all............

It’s mostly about depression caused. To me at least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.