Best goal ever scored against us?

Unbelievable hit, I remember Defoe missing an open goal and Balloteli cool as a cucumber slotting the penalty home at the end.

Yeah I remember , being there and thinking Htf is Balotelli still in the pitch , for his stamping on Parker and Wtf is BAE doing kicking the ball long ,when we’d got back into the game , that pen killed our challenge for the league , ok , no Not sending off really killed it off

I would say the best goal against City was Ricky Villas goal in the 81 final
Or Peter Crouches goal for the CL was also pretty special

Trying to think of other ones that haven't got a mention.

Osvaldo scored a decent one - was it his only goal for Southampton?

Was it Rochemback who thundered in a freekick against us in the 8-0? That was some goal IIRC

For sheer opportunism, Ronnie Boyce returning Joe Corrigans goal kick with interest v Wet Spam in 1970 at Maine Road.

I was right behind the goal for that one screaming to get Joe's attention as it was sailing over his head. He was walking back head down totally in a world of his own. I can still see the look of alarm on his face as he finally saw and heard us and realised something was very wrong.

i honestly can’t remember that goal?! remember going derby & getting beat 6/0 but can’t remember a goal as described? think saunders got 2 or 3 that day? you tube here i come :)

Think it was in a 1-1 draw at the Baseball Ground the year after the 6-0 defeat.

Corker from Saunders tbf.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.