Standout Live Performances that hit you.

They got a bit lucky with the “madchester” scene being from leeds!! but they’ve my upmost respect musically a top band
Tim Booth supports Leeds but is from Bradford. The band are generally Mancs or at least honorary Mancs. Jim Glennie is a huge City supporter and is interviewed in the stands of Maine Road on the Getting Away With It... Live DVD.

Also, James were going way before and of course after Madchester. They actively tried to distance themselves from it at the time.

Tim Booth supports Leeds but is from Bradford. The band are generally Mancs or at least honorary Mancs. Jim Glennie is a huge City supporter and is interviewed in the stands of Maine Road on the Getting Away With It... Live DVD.

Also, James were going way before and of course after Madchester. They actively tried to distance themselves from it at the time.
Yeh they did mate, commercially made sense for them tho & fair play to them, tim booth is prob still the best lead singer dancer i’ve ever seen!! ;) was so dissapointed with sky arts coverage of iow festival made james look shit

Last edited:
Saw them last week at Victoria Warehouse. At 45 yrs old I was comfortably the oldest person in there. Good though!

I love seeing some of the older performances of classic groups from my youth I never got the opportunity to see. Like this from the old grey whistle test.

How young do they look!!

I remember seeing that.
I was more into rock at the time, so didn't pay them an awful lot of attention. I knew about them but hadn't anything by them.
When "Stop Making Sense", the movie came out it in 1984 it was getting great reviews from everywhere.Even Barry Norman was acclaiming it.
It had a fortnight's run in a cinema in Dublin and I decided to go with the then girlfriend, on the last night.
There was only a handful of people in the cinema.
I was blown away by them. David Byrne really is the super geek.
The way the set unfolds from him on his own with a boom box at the start adding the band as they go, and finally seeing the audience at the end, was brilliant.
I didn't know what to expect. Didn't know the music, but was mesmerised. You can't keep your eyes off Byrne.
It changed my music direction and outlook. Still love watching that concert.

There are so many iconic performances in that concert but here's the start middle and end;

International Women's Day 2010 in Gorton I heard Rowetta sing in the most beautiful building with great acoustics. Absolutely blew me away, the power in her voice was breathtaking.

Queen were amazing at live aid, freddy had the crowd in the palm of his hand
Freddy was the ultimate showman.
Queen came to Dublin in 1979 when no one else was coming from England.
The Queen Live Killers tour.
They were brilliant. I was right up at the stage and Fred’s had the audience in the palm of his hand even then.

They came back in 1984 and I was there again.

Great live shows.

Last edited:
Saw them last week at Victoria Warehouse. At 45 yrs old I was comfortably the oldest person in there. Good though!

I love seeing some of the older performances of classic groups from my youth I never got the opportunity to see. Like this from the old grey whistle test.

How young do they look!!

I got to see them that year at Leicester De Montfort hall , they were brilliant.

I remember seeing that.
I was more into rock at the time, so didn't pay them an awful lot of attention. I knew about them but hadn't anything by them.
When "Stop Making Sense", the movie came out it in 1984 it was getting great reviews from everywhere.Even Barry Norman was acclaiming it.
It had a fortnight's run in a cinema in Dublin and I decided to go with the then girlfriend, on the last night.
There was only a handful of people in the cinema.
I was blown away by them. David Byrne really is the super geek.
The way the set unfolds from him on his own with a boom box at the start adding the band as they go, and finally seeing the audience at the end, was brilliant.
I didn't know what to expect. Didn't know the music, but was mesmerised. You can't keep your eyes off Byrne.
It changed my music direction and outlook. Still love watching that concert.

There are so many iconic performances in that concert but here's the start middle and end;

Really enjoyed that, amazing energy. Thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.