VAR (PL introduction 2019)

Im 43, played since I was 5 been a city fan from around the same time and love the club and the game on the whole. However, in the last 10/15 years the standard of refereeing with its support for the cartel clubs is nothing short of a disgrace and something was badly needed. It had got to epidemic proportions!! Yet again the rags top the most penalties awarded stats, and we all know about the amount of points Liverpool got from offside/dodgy penalty decisions last season!

The spurs game is a fair comment, the Spurs goal would have stood without VAR. No one saw it was handball until a 4th angle on a super slomo. The Aguero one might have stood (linesmen told to keep their flags down on close decisions), Id probably lean towards it would have been given as was so tight in the old system, but it was just offside so no complaints really. So we got the bad rub of the green there, specifically with the handball!! That isn't a sole reason to close down VAR. If it were to happen regularly, then fair enough Id be the first to be kicking off about it, but we cant dismiss it for a poor decision in its infancy. If we went with that logic, we'd of got rid of Referees 150 years ago!!

Without VAR/Goal line decision, I've no doubt the Liverpool incident would have been given as a goal and we wouldn't have won the league!! VAR will work in our favour in the long term, even if it doesn't correct every incorrect decision...

But, i thought it's not there to correct every incorrect decision. It was being brought in to ensure
games are not won/turned on a clear officiating error. Currebtly it seems to being called on when not needed
and not called on, when it looks like it might clear something up. Basically in it's current guise, its a farce
and I think football is better off without it.

Please explain your thought process in thinking that was not a pen. The Dutch girl then kicks her in the rib area without getting anywhere near the ball. Anywhere else on the pitch and you would not even argue that was a pen.
Oh that one. Certainly more of a pen than the one i was thinking of but still not stone cold.

Var for me is only as good as the people operating it. Rileys comments about it does not fill me with confidence. We have the usual cheats in charge of the game, we will have the same cheats reviewing Var and it's a tool for making it easier for them to screw/help certain teams out.
Sums it up for me is we had 2 clear penalties, one in each leg v Burton, both went to Var, both no penalties. Utd had Smalling ripping of Luiz's shirt at a Corner v Chelsea in the Cup and pulling and holding at every corner, yet you had Alti Taylor on Var so nothing given. Then you had the red card for Utd in the game v Wolves downgraded to yellow after Var. It will be used to benefit certain teams.
Sure it would stop the 15 or so offside goals Liverpool scored last season, but when you think how much they dive, any contact in slow motion will be a penalty to them.
Luckily we do not concede many corners as i can see Alti and Co desperate to review any touch by us on opposing players

Reactions: mat
Last premier league game of season, all kick off at sametime. Mike Rileys x20 most experienced refs [inc x4th officials]

Who will be the guys/girls making calls in the var teams...when Title/CL & EL/Relegation Places could maybe decided...

And least we forget, should any of those matches suffer the ignominy of a pitchside monitor fault, it will be the VAR official,

giving their own appraisal of the video angle playback, as one of x20 top officials listens to that chit chat in their earpiece..

The official v.a.r. was a joke & chose the feet to make a line when Kane was clearly leaning forward.

But I won't be having this argument a year from now, if it's as bad as I fear it will be, as I won't be bothering anymore.

Those who like computer football can enjoy goals being disallowed & fans stopping celebrating with any passion.

Its corrected hundreds already, to focus on one iffy one to discredit it is disingenuous!! Time will tell whos right tho i guess

Please explain your thought process in thinking that was not a pen. The Dutch girl then kicks her in the rib area without getting anywhere near the ball. Anywhere else on the pitch and you would not even argue that was a pen.

I was saying it was a clear pen, you'd have to be simple to think it wasnt

But, i thought it's not there to correct every incorrect decision. It was being brought in to ensure
games are not won/turned on a clear officiating error. Currebtly it seems to being called on when not needed
and not called on, when it looks like it might clear something up. Basically in it's current guise, its a farce
and I think football is better off without it.

No clear and obvious on line (goal line/offsides) decisions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.