VAR (PL introduction 2019)

It will still have the same human beings making the final decision Var provides a second chance to make a decision - hopefully the extra thinking space and opportunities for replays will lead to more correct decisions. The truly marginal calls that could go either way will still be at the mercy of human failings. Whether those failings are then due to incompetence of bias hardly matters.
I’ll go with the fallible humans who don’t take minutes to make the wring call or pull back play to retrospectively award penalties after play has moved to the other end of the the pitch.

R
I’ll go with the fallible humans who don’t take minutes to make the wring call or pull back play to retrospectively award penalties after play has moved to the other end of the the pitch.

Really, you'd rather City lose a title due to a corrupt official, as long as an opponent are still able to take the ball up their end of the field...!!?? Each to their own I guess!!

R

Really, you'd rather City lose a title due to a corrupt official, as long as an opponent are still able to take the ball up their end of the field...!!?? Each to their own I guess!!
You're presuming that the officials on the pitch are corrupt (which i say is bollox) and that the officials operating var will be squeaky clean.

I was wondering who was going to collect and publish VAR statistics this season in the premier league.

1 , Var decisions total per club

2 , VAR, overturning decisions, per club,
1 :Positively, 2 :Negatively.

3 , VAR decisions looked at but not referred, per club. (This in many ways , the most important, but I Doubt if we will get any stats for )

I was wondering who was going to collect and publish VAR statistics this season in the premier league.

3 , VAR decisions looked at but not referred, per club. (This in many ways , the most important, but I Doubt if we will get any stats for )

I imagine quite a lot of people will, but who has time to watch every match?

I'd expect there to be a VARwatch website with a selected group to provide their opinions.

The only things that matter are
(1) A VAR review producing a clearly wrong result (and this needs club blinkers removed!)
(2) An important thing not being reviewed and corrected.

Correct reviews are not a marker of anything.

I suspect Hackett and Halsey will make a few quid from doing so next season.

I still haven't seen a conclusive angle that proves Aguero was offside in the CL semi against Sputs, VAR is a cheat's charter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.