Neymar

Sounds like bullshit this, isn't he in Brazil with the team, don't know if he played in the copa, if he didn't then he was obviously injured .
Was injured before the tournament. It’s quite obviously not bollocks given PSG’s official statement.

Wouldn’t last a week in the premier league, juve have Ronaldo and have their eyes on Pogba, Bayern are happy to pick up players on a free from their nearest rivals after getting them to wind down their contracts. That realistically leaves only Real Madrid and Barca. Madrid spent too much already and have hazard in that some position and Barca seemingly have other priorities, there’s really nowhere for him to go.

It’s quite fitting that the player who’s transfer started this new market, is the first to be priced out of a transfer in a world where money is essentially limitless. It’s going to be interesting to watch the impending shitstorm when he can’t get out.

Neymar & Barcelona.
I can't understand why it all went sour previously, they are made for each other

Neymar realised that Barcelona is Messi's team, and he wasn't getting the credit he deserved when things went well, but got a lot of blame when things went bad. The remontada 6-1 game vs PSG is often brought up as the tipping point, Neymar was the best player on the pitch by a mile that night, scored 2, created 3 of the goals and yet the picture that all the papers and media went with was the one of Messi standing in front of the fans, and Neymar's contribution was almost ignored.

So then PSG came along with an offer, and I think he thought a couple of years being the king of Paris, getting paid €100m and guaranteed adoration from the fans was a good deal, not to mention it looked like PSG might finally be competing for the CL after that summer. Worst case scenario, he'd get a move wherever he wanted after a few years, just like he is now.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t last a week in the premier league, juve have Ronaldo and have their eyes on Pogba, Bayern are happy to pick up players on a free from their nearest rivals after getting them to wind down their contracts. That realistically leaves only Real Madrid and Barca. Madrid spent too much already and have hazard in that some position and Barca seemingly have other priorities, there’s really nowhere for him to go.

It’s quite fitting that the player who’s transfer started this new market, is the first to be priced out of a transfer in a world where money is essentially limitless. It’s going to be interesting to watch the impending shitstorm when he can’t get out.

Sorry but anyone who thinks Neymar can't handle the premier league is utterly clueless, and has swallowed far too much of the Sky Sports spiel. Like Gabby Jesus, he came up in Brazil where being the up and coming superstar means you are guaranteed to get hacked to shit every single game by the bitter pro's who never made it to europe, and challenges that would be straight red cards in the premier league every day of the week come in half a dozen times a game with no punishment.

France is a dirtier and more physical league than the Premier League, and Neymar's had very little protection from the referees - one of the reasons he's been injured so often.

People on here get upset whenever our players get bad treatment from a Burnley, or Cardiff. Ligue 1 has 15 Burnley's and Cardiff's.

Also - I'm not sure what you mean about him being stuck in Paris, he's going to go to Barcelona, almost guaranteed. PSG said they'll sell for the right price, and Barcelona's Vice President, who declared Neymar would never come back, just resigned.

Last edited:
Sorry but anyone who thinks Neymar can't handle the premier league is utterly clueless, and has swallowed far too much of the Sky Sports spiel. Like Gabby Jesus, he came up in Brazil where being the up and coming superstar means you are guaranteed to get hacked to shit every single game by the bitter pro's who never made it to europe, and challenges that would be straight red cards in the premier league every day of the week come in half a dozen times a game with no punishment.

France is a dirtier and more physical league than the Premier League, and Neymar's had very little protection from the referees - one of the reasons he's been injured so often.

People on here get upset whenever our players get bad treatment from a Burnley, or Cardiff. Ligue 1 has 15 Burnley's and Cardiff's.

Where did I say he couldn’t hack it? I said he wouldn’t last a week. That’s not based on his ability but because of his temperament, his play acting, his whinging and how fans and media over here are much less accepting of it all. Whichever team he went to in this country, their own fans would be sick of him after a month. you think Pogba is just a circus act disguised as a footballer, Neymar would take it to an entirely different level. Even United would have the foresight to see he’d be gone after a season or two maximum.

Where did I say he couldn’t hack it? I said he wouldn’t last a week. That’s not based on his ability but because of his temperament, his play acting, his whinging and how fans and media over here are much less accepting of it all. Whichever team he went to in this country, their own fans would be sick of him after a month. you think Pogba is just a circus act disguised as a footballer, Neymar would take it to an entirely different level. Even United would have the foresight to see he’d be gone after a season or two maximum.

His temperament, whinging, play acting?...no worse than Ashley Young or Wilfried Zaha, except neither of those are one of the most exciting players on the planet in between theatrics.

And if you think the media would be doing anything other than bending over backwards for him, you're living in dream land. You only need to look at their love of Mourinho and never ending defences of Pogba to see they love the drama of a genuine superstar more than anything.

Hoping he goes just so Barcelona have to make some cash and sell Dembele to Bayern...then Leroy re-signs with us and all is good with the world.

Hoping he goes just so Barcelona have to make some cash and sell Dembele to Bayern...then Leroy re-signs with us and all is good with the world.

I think Demebele would be an obvious make-weight in the Neymar deal as he's French (apparently they want lots of French players at PSG) and can play LW so would directly replace Neymar at PSG. A front 3 of Dembele-Cavani-Mbappé would be pretty incredible for PSG.

I think Demebele would be an obvious make-weight in the Neymar deal as he's French (apparently they want lots of French players at PSG) and can play LW so would directly replace Neymar at PSG. A front 3 of Dembele-Cavani-Mbappé would be pretty incredible for PSG.

True but I could also see PSG saying they want the full money back on Neymar just as a statement (Barca may not be willing to do that, mind). I've just seen lots of speculation that Bayern are very much interested in Dembele as well and if Barcelona are bringing in both Neymar and Griezmann, it could turn into a bidding war between Bayern's offer and how much it would knock off the price of Neymar with PSG.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.