A pal of mine was on it. He felt better and lost, uo to now, one of his spare tyres. As I said to him to give him a boost. One down three to go.

I do what I can.

Benn on the keto diet for 2 weeks (today). Thanks for this thread OP, very useful.

I’ve lost 6 pounds so far and have a target of losing another 11 pounds before I’ll maintain.

A couple learnings from me.

Use a good MCT oil, it will help you get into ketosis and also help you maintain in. I take a tablespoon full with breakfast and at lunch time.
Buy keto stix to monitor your piss each morning. I’ve found them useful.

A couple of diet favourites - scrambled eggs with double cream and melted Brie......3 slices fried bacon with a whole avocado and some fried mushrooms.....no idea of the calorie content or nutrition profile, would think high fat, medium protein, and practically zero carbs.

Be interested in other recipes...

I did this earlier in the year for about a month. I started quite well and I lost a bit of weight but then plateaued fairly quickly. I'm quite obsessive with these things so was definitely well under the carb limit. I didn't have much problem sticking to the diet, but some things I could have had less of, nuts being the main thing.

With the results I had I didn't think it was worth continuing with as I was slightly worried if I was doing more harm than good. I also have an underactive thyroid which fucks everything up, the only diet that has ever been a success for me is calorie counting and moving more.

I am thinking of giving it another go though as I really believe that it must be better for us if we only eat the stuff our bodies were designed to digest and I'll check out the book recommended further up the thread.

Just thought I'd ask how peoples keto lifestyle is going?

And I thought I'd report back on my 10 days in Berlin, where I was coming out of keto for pretty much 2 weeks. (I've been keto for a year, with a few cheat days for beer sessions).

I indulged in beer everyday, as well as bread, chips, rice and ice cream pretty much every day too, so completely knocked myself out of keto. The bloated belly came back, the ridiculous farts and the duller mood and just generally feeling not as good as I had been, which was to be expected.

What I didn't expect was after such indulgence that I would wake up today feeling really good and fresh. I could smell the ketones yesterday evening when having a piss, so ordered some piss sticks on prime to be delivered today. I've tested and it's clearly showing ketones in my urine, after 3 days of giving up the carbs again and returning to a fat based diet. I was expecting this to take at least a week to get back into ketosis, with some keto flu along the way. So my body must be completely fat adapted now if it knows to switch my energy source straight back to ketones.

Obviously everyone is different but thought I'd share this for people who were thinking of going keto for the long term and were wondering how their body might react to introducing carbs back in while on holiday etc. Going off my own experience, if you're fat adapted then you can get back into ketosis quickly once you eliminate the carbs and return to fat.

I bloody love keto. It makes me feel incredible.

Would love to start this but don’t know where I’d even start haha! Too much confusing information on the internet.

Benn on the keto diet for 2 weeks (today). Thanks for this thread OP, very useful.

I’ve lost 6 pounds so far and have a target of losing another 11 pounds before I’ll maintain.

A couple learnings from me.

Use a good MCT oil, it will help you get into ketosis and also help you maintain in. I take a tablespoon full with breakfast and at lunch time.
Buy keto stix to monitor your piss each morning. I’ve found them useful.

A couple of diet favourites - scrambled eggs with double cream and melted Brie......3 slices fried bacon with a whole avocado and some fried mushrooms.....no idea of the calorie content or nutrition profile, would think high fat, medium protein, and practically zero carbs.

Be interested in other recipes...
There is plenty of help for recipes on line. I joined a low carb group on Facebook and also downloaded the Pin Interest App. Loads and loads of low carb/Keto recipes. Good luck with the rest of your weight loss.

There is plenty of help for recipes on line. I joined a low carb group on Facebook and also downloaded the Pin Interest App. Loads and loads of low carb/Keto recipes. Good luck with the rest of your weight loss.

Cheers man; I’m 4 weeks in and have lost 10 pounds. Still loving it.

I've recently switched to spiked/hard seltzers if I want to have a few alcoholic beverages and stay on keto.

Most are 2-2.5 carbs per tin. Some decent flavours, some aren't that great but overall not bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.