Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so too, but then I don't know how good the younger City players like Garcia, Harwood-Bellis, and Sandler are.

Foden was a st team squad player at 18 for City and possibly a one-off. Harwood-Bellis is 17. Eric Garcia is 18, but Sandler is the right age at 22.

I think Kompany left one year too early for us. Perhaps the club tour will give us a clue. Are they going to feature?

Agree ideally Kompany had stayed one more season, but he has left on a huge high from both a personal and tea, perspective.
He has an exciting new challenge and wish him all th every best, perhaps trusting the youngsters could save us a huge amount of money

Agree ideally Kompany had stayed one more season, but he has left on a huge high from both a personal and tea, perspective.
He has an exciting new challenge and wish him all th every best, perhaps trusting the youngsters could save us a huge amount of money
It looks like that might be what we're doing. I think if we were minded to bring a central defender in. we'd have tried to have done it before the pre-season tour.

We can't untill Otamendi goes IMO..
Maguire will hold out as long as he can.

If we are in for him joining after the tour won't be a problem.

All about balancing the books & that Inc Delph leaving to allow another English player in??
Maguire transfer to go for another 10-14 days.

Not herd City say we are out & why has UTD not signed him if we ain't at the races?

I see that the BBC gossip column (source Daily Mail) is reporting that the Rags are confident they can ‘pip’ us to the £75m signing of Maguire. If, as reported, we are not prepared to pay more than £60m and the Rags have offered £75m how, exactly, is that pipping us. It’s more like the Rags winning a one horse race. Good for them.
If they pay 75M and we’re only prepared to pay 60M, I’d say it’s more like the rags losing a one horse race.

;-)

Not herd City say we are out & why has UTD not signed him if we ain't at the races?

Basically because he doesn't particularly want to go there. The automatic drawing power of United is over. That's been the big sea change of the last eight years or so. Even Maguire can see from where he is that they've got big, big problems. And Solskjaer is not the man to solve them.
His expressly indicated choice was us. Also, Rogers doesn't particularly want to sell him. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he stayed at Leicester.

Seems maguire has worked out that his probable dream of playing for pep and the title every season might not happen unless he asks for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.