Var debate 2019/20

Andy Gray will get his information from the technicians that he is surrounded by in a Tv studio If you watch the video he explains this and demonstrates the difference between each frame on both of the City goals
I watched and I know Andy and his wife Rachel very very well. Andy gets his ideas and figures from his arse on most things although I like him as a bloke, he’s a dinosaur where football and technology is concerned and I tell him so.

4K films at 60 fps for football and is broadcast at 50 FPS both on Sky and his own fucking Bein Sports network.

I think you are confused between frame and quality In fact increasing the quality and the number of frames would make the data size huge and the band width to broadcast would not be feasible for most consumers
It’s filmed at 60, broadcast at 50. No idea where you or Andy are pulling 28 from.

I’m not confused in the slightest.

That’s good to know but it would still be reasonable for the 50k in the stadium and those watching at home to be involved and updated. We are after all involved in paying the wages
Who really gives a shite about the viewers at home? Its the ones in the stadium that need to know whats happening, its the least we deserve

Just watched Red shite v Rentboys.

Didn't see VAR review any of their goals using lines to Indicate what we got yesterday. One of them was a very close offside call as well.
Only daft reviews were for a ball in the net that was so offside a blind man from 3 miles away would have seen it and a red card that was never a red card.

Why was that?
Because they weren’t anywhere near as close as ours.

sorry if this has been posted before but Andy Gray's analysis of this makes a really good point.....
the jist of ti is that dependant upon what frame the person who is looking at the VAR system stops it at will hange decisions and there can be 25 frames in a second (but from when themoment a player looks like he passes a ball there are about 3 or 4 frames but the differnce between those frames in terms of off or on side can be very different.
for me it is when the passer of the ball hits the ball initially so it should be the first frame

1. Andy Grays analysis is incorrect, when he thinks it's offside Sterling is much further inside the box than the VAR image (go check it).
2. It isn't a person deciding where the lines are drawn, it's a computer based on millions of data points from live games all last season.

Before anyone else quotes Andy fucking Gray and his technological knowledge of 1990’s football broadcasting:

Sky broadcast football and all other sports where they have cameras at 50 FPS and has done since 2016 (3 years into Andy’s stint in the bastard desert):

“Sky has secured 124 Premier League football games which it will air in 4K UHD. That means that it will be broadcast live to your dish at 50 frames per second for super fast action captured clearly.”

https://recombu.com/digital/article...k-uhd-on-sky-q-ultra-hd-shows-movies-channels

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/watching-sky-q-in-ultra-hd

https://www.express.co.uk/life-styl...Sky-TV-4K-Ultra-HD-BBC-iplayer-wimbledon-2018

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.