Var debate 2019/20

What I find weird is they keep calling it a trial even though we all know its here to stay, and its shite.
Sovccer did try kick ins for a few youth tournaments and an Olympics before binning it.

So it's possible it will be binned. It's unlikely though :)

Apologies if it's already been mentioned, but did anyone else think Mike Dean looked like he was not going to give the penalty and then appeared to change his mind and point to the spot? The cynic in me was thinking at the time that he suddenly realised VAR was in use, that VAR would say it was a definite pen, and he'd look a bit of a twat if he hadn't given it!

Just to add that I've never had any major issue with Dean when he's reffed us in the past but that little episode looked a bit dodgy to me.

The linesman could have told him he thought it was a penalty in his ear to be fair. Looks a bit dodgy, but it could have been the confirmation Dean needed.

Just give each team 2 referelals each per game for offside and corners. Once used up tough tits

unless it is a pen or red card decisione which go to VAR verification automatically

Apologies if it's already been mentioned, but did anyone else think Mike Dean looked like he was not going to give the penalty and then appeared to change his mind and point to the spot? The cynic in me was thinking at the time that he suddenly realised VAR was in use, that VAR would say it was a definite pen, and he'd look a bit of a twat if he hadn't given it!

Just to add that I've never had any major issue with Dean when he's reffed us in the past but that little episode looked a bit dodgy to me.
I thought it looked exactly like that.

Just give each team 2 referelals each per game for offside and corners. Once used up tough tits

West ham wouldn't have asked for offside on sat if that was in place as no one thought he was offside.

unless it is a pen or red card decisione which go to VAR verification automatically

I think the challenge that set up the attack leading up to a goal should be able to be reviewed by VAR as it is a vital point of that phase of play (i.e. Maguire and also our 5th goal)

How far back in an attack does a ball inadvertently hitting an arm mean a goal is disallowed? Would Wolves goal have stood if Boly's arm control passed it to Demdonker who then passed it to someone else to score?

Offsides will be the recurring discussion point though as the technology isn't 100% there to make the right call. It's only about 99.9% currently.

Fifa rules say when the player touches or plays the ball, nothing about it leaving a players foot. That’s a nothing thing that appears to be wrong and different to what we’re always told.
What does "Or is 'played' by his team mate" mean?

Touch implies one thing which can be quantified. However as Andy Gray proved, it's which frame of the touch which counts, as yesterday the touch covered 3. The first one Sterling was onside, the other two he was offside...

Personally, I'd prefer if we just had 'clear daylight' as a better indicator. If you're clearly beyond the last defender, you're offside. This would simplify & clarify this whole baffling & constantly shifting offside law.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.