Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Spurs (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pochettino will be saying something alone the lines

"We are going to New Maine Road to dominate City physically, in territory, in possession, and in goals. Yeah City are good but we are as good. Trust yourself. Trust the system. Trust your team mates. I expect to win"

Whether that is possible or will work, who knows? But that will be the plan.

What he wont say is "Sit back, hit the ball long and break at speed." That is not how Pochettino wants Spurs to play.

As for going full Cockney. God no. I aspired to be nothing more than a lily-livered liberal.
I always got the impression spurs are a counter attacking team, admittedly I only watch you against us really. Do you not think Poch will set up with kane, Moura and Son sit back and try and hit us on the break? That would be much wiser I would have thought.

I always got the impression spurs are a counter attacking team, admittedly I only watch you against us really. Do you not think Poch will set up with kane, Moura and Son sit back and try and hit us on the break? That would be much wiser I would have thought.

That is what might happen but it will not be the plan. The plan is to beat you. Not get lucky with incredible defending and a flukey goal against the run of play.

He was OK. It was his first game. His confidence rose after the goal. He will improve. And I hope he will be amazing. He has the potential.

Totally agree , I was disappointed with him but he’s new to the league so it will take
Him time , took Bernardo a while and look
At him now

We unfortunately had to spend 1bn on a new stadium , you were given a new stadium ,and with the wealth or the Sheik could buy players . I’m a fan and can’t understand why our chairman Joe Lewis at 80+ with a fortune of 6bn , doesn’t just pay for the stadium and another 1bn for players , but that’s he difference between a real fan and a businessman .
We have done well with limited means , I don’t understand why City fans don’t accept we are batting well above our station and give us more credit
Still crying on here at 5am lol.
Get a life.

I hope the players still remember the CL matches against them and use it to increase their motivation to thrash these trophyless lot. I know I sound arrogant but can't stand the smug spuds supporters thinking they are suddenly perennial world beaters, telling everyone how great they are now. And I used to hate the arse fans much more.

That is what might happen but it will not be the plan. The plan is to beat you. Not get lucky with incredible defending and a flukey goal against the run of play.
The fact you finished 27 points behind us last year (despite us being without arguably our best player for most of the season) was not a "coincidence".

We're a better side and barring flukes or accidents will beat you most of the time. Planning to go toe to toe with us and beating us by being "better" is just not going to happen.

The plan is to show you are the better team? Win 100 pts and all the trophies in England. A win at the Etihad won't prove much. Liverpool had the chance to go 10 pts clear when they visited Etihad in January, played against a makeshift defence including Danilo at RB and Laporte at LB, covered enormous distance and left beaten.

I suspect you won't be good enough to compete for the title. To plan something and to realise it are two quite different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.