Var debate 2019/20

That fucking var decision on the end, who was right despite the rule being shit, just covered for two much bigger incidents with not awarded penalties. Nobody even mention the penalties now. It was a gift from heaven for Oliver and other ****s.

It turned the discussion to var incident that definitely has an argument against us and totally deflected it from two utterly bent and corrupt decisions on penalties.

50 years I've watched and loved this game from City to playing Sundays to even stopping to watch a kids game in the park, this is the worst thing ever to happen to the match going fan I'm afraid VAR could see this as my last season as a match going fan this is the death of the excitement of a goal scoring moment so sad for the game tonight.

The biggest problem I have is. If that handball was liverpool would if of been disallowed?. Unless somebody shows the handball in the replay nobody would of been none the wiser.

VAR will be an instrument used by the Premier league to prevent us winning the title , the Jesus goal against West Ham was a farce , it all depended on when the faceless guy at Stockley decided on which film/image frame to use , one frame earlier and Sterling is on side but he decided to use the later frame to signal offside , its simple corruption
Dont start saying that we got two VAR decisions at West Ham they were both clear and correct , we didn tget anything we didnt deserve.
The Laporte handball today made no difference to the goals and everyone missed it apart from another faceless **** at Stockley and the same **** decided not to inform Oliver that the incident with Rodri being man handled to the ground needed another look.
Pochetino made me laugh after the game that it will all even up at the end of the season , will it f*ck , we are so far ahead of the rest of the league and i include the deluded pretenders in red , that the Premier league cannot risk the title being finshed by Easter.
Absolutely, it will be used against the teams they dislike ( City), used in favour for the rags and dippers and the new media darlings Spurs.

Anyone able to explain this:

When the penalty on Rodri wasn’t given, the defence was that VAR was there to prevent ‘clear and obvious’ errors. You’ve seen those given, you’ve seen them not given. ‘I trust Michael Oliver’s judgment’ said Martin Tyler.

Okay. If, like reviews in cricket, VAR is there not to re-referee marginal calls but to avoid real howlers, then the decision not to award a penalty can be argued to be fair enough.

Two things. First, the “handball” was barely discernible in real time. Oliver didn’t spot it, the spurs players didn’t appeal for it. The ball might have brushed Laporte’s arm, but in what way was the goal overturned as a result of a ‘clear and obvious’ error? It seems that the law was applied differently in the first instance than the second, and other than the fact that in the second case the team that stands to benefit from the rule plays in light blue, I can’t see any difference.

Secondly, perhaps it’s obvious to others, but it isn’t to me. Why did the sky sports commentators not point out that VAR is only there to correct clear and obvious errors? The justification for not awarding a penalty in the first half dictated that the goal should not have been disallowed in the second. So why was there no comment about the absence of that justification in the second?

You’re comparing two different situations there, one that still allows for interpretation and one that doesn’t. The goal that got disallowed - the issue there is with the law, not VAR. It doesn’t matter if it’s accidental or not now, any time an attacker handles the ball in the run up to a goal and it will be disallowed. The error can just be the referee didn’t see it.

The one in the first half though, even though still ultimately down to interpretation and so different to the handball one, I’m very surprised it didn’t get given and I’ll be interested to see how they judge similar ones over the course of the season now. I have a feeling they will keep with the on field referees decision every time with those.

That fucking var decision on the end, who was right despite the rule being shit, just covered for two much bigger incidents with not awarded penalties. Nobody even mention the penalties now. It was a gift from heaven for Oliver and other ****s.
Right my fuckin arse

No, you've misread.

I personally don't buy the agenda idea. So I don't expect we'll "get screwed by it". But clearly so far we've been the team that's come off worst after 2 games of the season.

If come the end of the season Liverpool & United & Spurs have had similar goals disallowed for seemingly very harsh reasons, but because of these new offside/handball strictness rules - then so be it, at least it will have been consistent.

Will I end up liking its impact in a years time? Not sure, it felt like we've been screwed over a lot in recent years by decisions that VAR could absolutely have helped us with - so hopefully we'll get our fair share of decisions go our way also. If it then feels like the game is "fairer", and it hasn't totally ruined how the game flows, then I may well like it.
Dont buy the agenda?
Jason Burt this morning saying Tottenham need to beat man city to save the season.
Radio stations blatantly ignoring us, tv stations trying to make a non story a story, newspapers making shit up and generally dragging us through the mud.
Ex players of rival teams front tv shows and radio phone ins.
The list is endless.
Bottom line is the footballing body hate us, our money and our success and will try every trick in the book to derail us.

T
No, you've misread.

I personally don't buy the agenda idea. So I don't expect we'll "get screwed by it". But clearly so far we've been the team that's come off worst after 2 games of the season.

If come the end of the season Liverpool & United & Spurs have had similar goals disallowed for seemingly very harsh reasons, but because of these new offside/handball strictness rules - then so be it, at least it will have been consistent.

Will I end up liking its impact in a years time? Not sure, it felt like we've been screwed over a lot in recent years by decisions that VAR could absolutely have helped us with - so hopefully we'll get our fair share of decisions go our way also. If it then feels like the game is "fairer", and it hasn't totally ruined how the game flows, then I may well like it.

The general consensus from the media and pundits is Sterlings offside was too close to call and the goal should have been given at West Ham , today Rodri was fouled for a penalty and was not inexpicably reviwed by VAR , and Laporte's handball was also very harsh
The two decisions in our favour where more clear cut , Sterling was definitely onside for his 2nd goal at West Ham , and Rice clearly gained an advantage by nearly 2 metres to clear the penalty rebound
In two games we have been screwed three times , which other Premier league team has suffered so many decisions in the first couple of games , and certainly not the Rags or Dippers
With due respect i think you are incorrect if you think there isnt an agenda after just witnessing at the first two games , and this will continue all season , VAR will decide the Premier league title , not football excellence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.