Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

I thought that, amongst other things, Oliver had clearly bought into the 'tactical foul' agenda and went straight in and booked Sterling for his first and probably only foul. Not sure how it was any more or less tactical than the three man tag team that took Bernardo out as he skipped round, through and past them only to be bizarrely penalised under the new "City shall not take the piss" rules. Other than that, and the missed penalty, I thought he was fairly shite!

Course it matters It’s the reason the ball Hits his arm , you can’t be so selective !

See the whole reason it stinks !

And your now a bore
The pull on the arm was well before the hand ball, it was when he started his run. His whole movement to head it was not infringed by that pull and the pull wasn’t enough for a penalty.

Course it matters It’s the reason the ball Hits his arm , you can’t be so selective !

See the whole reason it stinks !

And your now a bore

No both players arms are out wide - it doesnt matter whether you like it or not or whether its boring or not the fact is it was the correct decision - very few peopkle are arguing about the fact that the deciion was correct by the laws of the game - they are arguing that the law itself is wrong and a ompletely non deliberate minor infraction shouldnt go punished - which i agree with...but the law has been changed (presumeably to make it easier) to saw whether its deliberate or accidental its still handball

I'd say that one was 50/50 these days but stuff like that should be given whether Laporte goes over easily or stays on his feet. Grabbing hold of a player so they can't get to a ball coming into the box isn't a legitimate part of football and is what VAR should be stopping, whether the player goes over easily is irrelevant he's being pulled back illegally and should be a penalty.

I can see your point but the counter to it is that football should be a physical game...should a player lose his feet and throw himself to the ground like Salah does on multuple occasions just cause someone touches his/slightly grabs his arm????? I dont think thats justifiable reason to fall over....however what you hear a lot of nowadays (though i completely disagree with it) is the omment that if the player feels contact he is "entitled to go over" - to me that is just plain wrong.

I thought that, amongst other things, Oliver had clearly bought into the 'tactical foul' agenda and went straight in and booked Sterling for his first and probably only foul. Not sure how it was any more or less tactical than the three man tag team that took Bernardo out as he skipped round, through and past them only to be bizarrely penalised under the new "City shall not take the piss" rules. Other than that, and the missed penalty, I thought he was fairly shite!
My favourite moment is when Kev was running through the Spurs defence and one of there CBs (can’t remember which) simply slid in to stop him from breaking on goal and Eriksen and Kane went straight to the ref to say it wasn’t a tactical foul, and Oliver agreed, producing no card.

By the way, Spurs only had 4 fouls... 4!

He was letting a lot go for them.

No both players arms are out wide - it doesnt matter whether you like it or not or whether its boring or not the fact is it was the correct decision - very few peopkle are arguing about the fact that the deciion was correct by the laws of the game - they are arguing that the law itself is wrong and a ompletely non deliberate minor infraction shouldnt go punished - which i agree with...but the law has been changed (presumeably to make it easier) to saw whether its deliberate or accidental its still handball

So the deflection off Laporte created a goalscoring opportunity ?

Jesus didn't run inside & smash the ball through 5 defenders to create it ?

The pull on the arm was well before the hand ball, it was when he started his run. His whole movement to head it was not infringed by that pull and the pull wasn’t enough for a penalty.
Correct.

Unfortunately, we will be seeing defenders trying to pull attackers’ arms toward the ball in the penalty are on corners/freekicks now, though. It will rarely come off but they will do it knowing the current interpretation of the rule means any contact will see any resulting goal chalked off.

How we let this shower keep getting results against us is a puzzlement. Defenders, keeper, all seem to forget their jobs during spurs 2 or 3 forays out of their own half.

Got to take chances. I’m still more annoyed about the wastefulness, var is just the cherry on top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.