Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

i agree it was a foul but it happens all the time even before VAR - the accusations of bias/bent ref's is a very old argument.
Correct that it happened before VAR yet now with it we still don’t get the penalty

even with the use of the monitor the GJ goal would have been ruled out.....correctly,.....now for the rodri one the ref seeing the replays should give a penalty.....no deia why the VAR ref's didnt but from what the likes of Neville (who was present at the briefings about VAR) has said, it sounds like they ahve tld VAR officials not to over rule a ref unless its obvious that he has missed something......now to us he has clearly missed it but the VAR officials seem to agree with the ref that it wasnt a penalty

the only differnece now from pre var games is that we are arguing abut the incompetanceof two sets of officials and not one (I saw officials as the Lino who would have been stood next to (o at elast very close to) the player taking the corner kick shoul have been looking directly at the incident and he clearly hasnt judged it as a penalty either.
I doubt it would have been chalked off if he looked as it wasn't obvious,no-one saw it,no-one claimed for it,llores couldn't believe it,he would have given the goal i think,instead of repeating ourselves all night lets say the rules are terrible,it's not supposed to be forensic,it's supposed to be clear and obvious not 2 mins of trying to find an excuse not to give it

Possibly. I can live with that. We’ll see.
So, despite many of the major clubs officials both here and abroad, heads of major leagues, members of Uefa all queuing up to have a go at City. Despite the outgoing Premier League chief Scudamore saying it would be good if City didn’t run away with the title a year or so back. Despite the blatant media agenda who want to pander to the viewing figures and clicks for the rags and bin dippers from Oslo to Ho Chi Minh. Despite Premier League concerns that Manchester City domination will harm the Premier League Brand. You refuse to believe that some bloke with an agenda in a Ford Transit in Solihull is taking a less than subjective view of VAR replays because it offends your sense of fair play?

I’m not sure naive covers it.

On the bright side, last season we drew our third game, 1-1 at Wolves, two years ago, we drew our second (first home) game with Everton, again 1-1, and those two campaigns didn’t end too badly, did they?
Depends,the dippers only lost one game last year,the margin of error is small,losing 2 pts already is not great

IF he did miss it as you say then yes.....but i think it was reviewed by VAR and Oliver indicated this in his conversation to the city player(s) who was speaking to him just after the incident....he pointed to his ear shaking his head - now i interprited that at the time as he had had the word that it wasnt a penalty - others have interprited it as he was saying it hadnt been reviewed - whats the facts of the matter I dont know.....

where was the linesman in all of this...surely he would have had a view on it as he should have been stood near to the corner flag and as the incident happened at the front post he should have had a view....he cleary didnt think it was a penalty either as he would have flagged surely.....so thats the lino who should have seen it, the ref you say was looking the other way but then VAR on reviewing it also thought that it wasnt.

Just to make it clear again, I think it was a penalty and that was without the aid of a replay and in real time and nothing ive seen since has made me think that it wasnt a penalty - but thats irrelevant.
The linesman was on the opposite side to where the incident took place so probably wouldn't have seen it with all the bodies in the way. I just fund it staggering that if it was reviewed their conclusion was no penalty. Its decisions like that which to my mind proves there is bias against our club!!!!

Bernardo should have been sent off for this putting his neck into Rose's elbow like that, VAR missed this one at least Spurs got a free kick, or else fans would feel the game is bent

Think some fans are a bit spoilt if VAR/referee decisions against us are enough for them to give up on going to matches. Most fans on this planet would kill to watch their team play top teams off the park even if the outcome isn't always good due to intentional referee mistakes. Show more love for this team, it's incredible.

The simple answer is that you and a few others just don't get it and never will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.