Var debate 2019/20

The question is if they didn't overrule that one today or ours last week, what exactly is the criteria for overruling it? How blatant do they have to get?

There was consistency though, they didn't intervene in our one last week and they didn't intervene today either for two clear ones in the United game (or for Chelsea in their game either). The problem is it doesn't suit some of the narrative on here that is a bias issue when it isn't - it's a competence issue.
Oliver didn't see it,that was a clear and obvious error so var needed to intervene,swarbrick said they looked at it in slo mo multiple times and they decided it was a dive,he is the head man,now they have set a high threshold of what is a pen so walton says,only he can't explain what the threshold is so they can give whatever pens they want or not

Look at the rule and then look at the explanation of the rule where the wording makes it slightly different...

I agree the bit you are quoting makes sense to your argument but there is another bit which you are completely filing to even acknowledge in the IFAB guaidance...

Yes i know the rules.....have you read the complete explantion...look at the link that was posted to IFAB the other day or if you want here is a copy and paste of it:

Deliberate handball remains an offence. The following ‘handball’ situations, even if accidental, will be a free kick:

• the ball goes into the goal after touching an attacking player’s hand/arm.
  • a player gains control/possession of the ball after it has touches their hand/arm and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity
  • the ball touches a player’s hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger
  • the ball touches a player’s hand/arm when it is above their shoulder (unless the player has deliberately played the ball which then touches their hand/arm)
thats not my words - that is a direct copy and paste from the IFAB site.

It is an offence (though it was accidental) and a free kick as the ball has gone into the net after his a players (Laporte's arm)....no he hasnt been in control or possession (though because he has changed the flight of the ball you could even argue that if you wanted to but Im not going to bother) but here is the important bit....OR creates a goal scoring opportunity (which laportes' arm accidentally did) as the ball changed direction off his arm and fell to the feet of GJ) who then scored after one touch.

The OR bit means he doesnt even have to be in control or possession. It means its an offence if the ball comes off his (or any players arm) and then creates a goal scoring opportinutiy regardless of possession.....

here is the full link:

http://static-3eb8.kxcdn.com/documents/786/111531_110319_IFAB_LoG_at_a_Glance.pdf
The point is it didnt create a goal scoring opportunity. Jesus had to sprint faster than the defender to get to it and then bring it under control dancing past another player to shoot and score.

True but fuck all to do with var that.

And to be fair, they should have had a minimum of two today.

Edit: should have had 3.
The penalty they got was a foul.

The Martial one was outside the box so couldn’t be referred to VAR anyway, any others?

Look at the rule and then look at the explanation of the rule where the wording makes it slightly different...

I agree the bit you are quoting makes sense to your argument but there is another bit which you are completely filing to even acknowledge in the IFAB guaidance...

Yes i know the rules.....have you read the complete explantion...look at the link that was posted to IFAB the other day or if you want here is a copy and paste of it:

Deliberate handball remains an offence. The following ‘handball’ situations, even if accidental, will be a free kick:

• a player gains control/possession of the ball after it has touches their hand/arm and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity
  • the ball touches a player’s hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger
  • the ball touches a player’s hand/arm when it is above their shoulder (unless the player has deliberately played the ball which then touches their hand/arm)

It is an offence (though it was accidental) and a free kick as the ball has gone into the net after his a players (Laporte's arm)....no he hasnt been in control or possession (though because he has changed the flight of the ball you could even argue that if you wanted to but Im not going to bother) but here is the important bit....OR creates a goal scoring opportunity (which laportes' arm accidentally did) as the ball changed direction off his arm and fell to the feet of GJ) who then scored after one touch.

The OR bit means he doesnt even have to be in control or possession. It means its an offence if the ball comes off his (or any players arm) and then creates a goal scoring opportinutiy regardless of possession.....

here is the full link:

http://static-3eb8.kxcdn.com/documents/786/111531_110319_IFAB_LoG_at_a_Glance.pdf
Good spot.

Cant wait for Swarbrick to come out with explanation of Martial pulling why not pen. He has to say bad things about a United player or will he shut up unlike in Rodri case?
The foul was clearly 2-3 yards outside the box, it can’t be referred to VAR.

here is the full link:

He didn't create a goal scoring op,it brushed his arm and or the defenders arm,no-one can say for sure who it came off,it didn't change direction gabby had a lot of work to do,eric didn't create the opp or had it under control or possession of the ball,they said they brought it in to revent goals like boly's v us,they have taken it much further than they needed or said they would thus tying themselves in a knot

The point is it didnt create a goal scoring opportunity. Jesus had to sprint faster than the defender to get to it and then bring it under control dancing past another player to shoot and score.

Oh FFS!!!

the ball fell to GJ directly from Laportes arm.....it created a chance

The penalty they got was a foul.

The Martial one was outside the box so couldn’t be referred to VAR anyway, any others?
Yes I counted two not given in the area.

You’ll have to watch match choice to see them as don’t have the minutes of the game with me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.