Var debate 2019/20

He didn't create a goal scoring op,it brushed his arm and or the defenders arm,no-one can say for sure who it came off,it didn't change direction gabby had a lot of work to do,eric didn't create the opp or had it under control or possession of the ball,they said they brought it in to revent goals like boly's v us,they have taken it much further than they needed or said they would thus tying themselves in a knot
if you look at the replay from the camera angle behind gabby is clearly changes direction, hand ball even if it unintentional is given as a free kick against the attacking team

Guendouzi blatantly fouled by Van Dijk there to allow Matip to score.

VAR?

Not a fucking whiff.

Maybe the VAR ref was not wearing his blue tinted specs. If there was a foul it was by Sokratis for holding his shirt. For me it was a 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

Yeah they review it and there were no case for clear and obvious mistake. van dijk pushed Gundozi but his shirt was pulled by other Arsenal player so that balances each other out for me.

Paranoia about Var will make some City fans end up in very poor state until end of season.

But if they did cheat with this one MAtip goal, then it means Arsenal is one of the clubs that VAR will try to kill. Why is that? lol

The cover-ups are almost as bad as having a good goal disallowed was.

It remains hugely frustrating that last week's goal was disallowed because I am absolutely convinced that the decision was wrong. Good to see one of the bigger voices in the media has said so. Although, I am not sure this bit: "and when the ball ended up with Jesus, he still had to beat several Tottenham players to score" is very relevant. That Jesus had work to do to be first to what I consider a loose ball and therefore not one Laporte or City had gained possession of as as a direct result of the handball is the key point.

It was both a loose ball & also not a scoring opportunity.

Yeah they review it and there were no case for clear and obvious mistake. van dijk pushed Gundozi but his shirt was pulled by other Arsenal player so that balances each other out for me.

Paranoia about Var will make some City fans end up in very poor state until end of season.

But if they did cheat with this one MAtip goal, then it means Arsenal is one of the clubs that VAR will try to kill. Why is that? lol

VAR suits some of our armchair fans!

Whilst I agree with much of what you’re saying, the whole thing about the penalty is that some refs would give it and some wouldn’t give it and therefore VAR wouldn’t overrule the ref whatever they’d decided whilst watching it live (which is stupid as it’s a stonewall penalty and all refs should give it).

The thing I’m annoyed at most by it is that the cûnt Oliver DID NOT see it as he’s looking the other way but he claimed he did and Swarbrick continued the lie.

Mo.just got one for a shirt pull.

Had they grabbed him round the neck instead, they'd have been ok.

Mo.just got one for a shirt pull.

Had they grabbed him round the neck instead, they'd have been ok.
Yeah my post above has already compared the two. VAR isn’t being used like it should. The incompetent ref in the middle is still key (unless a goal is scored a ball brushes an attackers arm accidentally).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.