Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs' shite start to the season has flown under the radar a bit. Below Arsenal and the rags and only ahead of Chelsea on goal difference. Would be below both if it wasn't for some dodgy decisions in our game.

Flying under the radar since February
16 points from last 16 PL games: LLDLLWWLWLLD ; WDLD
Four wins were Palace, Huddersfield, Brighton and Villa, all at home

Spurs have only played well for twenty minutes at the end of the second half of their opening game.

The rest of the time they’ve been outnumbered or outworked in midfield and Kane has been a passenger.

Harry i'm not a diver in the papers tomorrow,just showed todays again,,MOTD,wright says i don't want to label him as a diver but he didn't try hard to stay on his feet,jenas agrees with today and last week the same and says he needs to be carefull

Even Lineacre was trying to defend 'arry on Twitter yesterday.

Last week and this week, if he'd stayed on his feet, he would likely have scored.

Instead, he times his movement towards the challenging player and (I don't know quite how to say it) at the point of impact, makes his body tension-less, so the slightest touch makes him go over. Coupled with the theatrics, grimaces, yelps and pleading arms, it makes quite a strong case.

How many times have you seen him do this in the outfield? Very few indeed.

Brushing off challenges, beefy shoulder charges, skipping sliding tackles, etc; but the second he (and several others) enter the box, they suddenly fall easier than Anthony Joshua.

Flying under the radar since February
16 points from last 16 PL games: LLDLLWWLWLLD ; WDLD
Four wins were Palace, Huddersfield, Brighton and Villa, all at home

That run coincided with Kane's return from injury against Burnley away in late February. They were still in with an outside chance of the title going into that game but they lost and their league form promptly fell off a cliff. Their run to the CL final definitely masked their poor league results. I must admit that after their summer transfer activity, I thought they might be closer to us and Liverpool this season but now I'm thinking it might be the opposite. There's been a togetherness about Spurs over the past few seasons but something doesn't sit right with them at the moment and it doesn't appear to be a particularly happy camp.

Even Lineacre was trying to defend 'arry on Twitter yesterday.

Last week and this week, if he'd stayed on his feet, he would likely have scored.

Instead, he times his movement towards the challenging player and (I don't know quite how to say it) at the point of impact, makes his body tension-less, so the slightest touch makes him go over. Coupled with the theatrics, grimaces, yelps and pleading arms, it makes quite a strong case.

How many times have you seen him do this in the outfield? Very few indeed.

Brushing off challenges, beefy shoulder charges, skipping sliding tackles, etc; but the second he (and several others) enter the box, they suddenly fall easier than Anthony Joshua.
I think you meant Gorry Linebacker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.