General UFC thread

McGregor proves he has no jits. He was asking for that by walking forward with his hands down against a much bigger man, he was always gonna get rocked big time and took to the ground.

Bit gutted as I like him, but a daft approach to a fight. Must say though, the only time I've ever seen so many Irishmen leave an arena so quickly is at Old Trafford on a Saturday afternoon.

Always someone a little bigger and harder eh Connor lol.

Im no hater of the man, he is fantastic and a warrior but its good to see someone reminded of his own limits now and then.

Just watched it on Facebook, cheers. He seemed to be doing alright until he took a big hit then he was rattled and made a few daft choices.

Just watched it on Facebook, cheers. He seemed to be doing alright until he took a big hit then he was rattled and made a few daft choices.

Think he got cocky after the first round as Diaz was cut(he always gets cut) and thus stopped with the head movement in the second, got caught, semi-recovered, caught again, panicked and tried to take the fight to the ground where it was inevitable he'd get dominated... Needs to stop "touching butts" on the beach and work on rounding his game out.

Last edited:
I don't get where all the hate towards McGregor is coming from.

He can come across as arrogant but he is participating in a sport where gaining the mental edge can be the difference between winning and losing. Aside from the pre-fight bravado, he comes across as a very humble guy IMO.

At his natural weight he has blown his rivals away and we should get behind competitors who want to take risks and improve. You only have to look at boxing to see how they are more interested in money than entertainment.

McGregor is a huge name in the UFC and has a huge Irish following. He could have fought some lesser fighters at his weight and picked up an easy win and pay day. He could have also insisted on Diaz having a catchweight.

The fact he thought he was good enough to beat a very good fighter who was a good two weights above him shows he wants to entertain the fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.