General UFC thread

Hmmm, yes he has talked about going to 170 and pre fight was saying he's stronger and fitter than ever because he wasn't drained. He may have learned his lesson now however don't doubt that and you are right he should go back down and fight guys he has a bigger reach than clearly diaz's size bothered him. Pretty sure his ground game has always been in question and last night just proved he's far from elite in that regard. He talked a big game, got carried away with himself and has been humbled. Imagine what Lawler would do to the guy? I imagine RDA is pretty pissed now
Its very clear he was never going to be stronger or fitter than he usually is and lets be honest he's saying he is no matter what. People are not taking into account that McGregor took on a fight with 11 days notice as well. He was preparing for a fight at 155 not 170. And going back to his ground game, i don't think we have seen what he has to offer yet, he was gassed at the end of round one because he was being too flamboyant. What you saw at the end of the Diaz fight was a very gassed and panicky McGregor obviously not stoping the inevitable attempt at a choke.

Really enjoyed those 2 fights - made up for Meisha, she comes across a great gal and very humble, she'll be a credit to the sport as champ.

As for Conor, I do love the guy, a proper entertainer, but I would be disappointed if he never got made to eat his words. Diaz isn't the most eloquent guy and is not half the class clown Conor is, but boy he can fight.

Conor's reaction to Diaz walking into post-event press conference:

bGbZcBQ.webm

@Damocles why can't I get it to show?

Think Connor realised he bit off more than he could chew. What's interesting is he never once asked for a rematch, that tells you all you need to know. He should stick to the lower weight, he should easily dominate for a while there.

Think Connor realised he bit off more than he could chew. What's interesting is he never once asked for a rematch, that tells you all you need to know. He should stick to the lower weight, he should easily dominate for a while there.
I wondered why he hadn't asked for a rematch but i thought it wouldn't fit in with the humble in defeat things thats going on. He's just posted on his instagram and it says Nate i will see you again.

Never understood why people use a fighters pre-fight comments to bash them with after a loss. They almost never actually mean them and just say stupid over the top stuff to hype the fight.

The jump up in weight and size was too much for him. I congratulate Connor though on taking the risk that the majority of UFC fighters never take.

I see Jon Jones was making fun of the guy. This from the same guy that refused a different smaller opponent on day's notice when last night Connor took a bigger different opponent on 10 days notice.

Jons a great fighter but a bit of a pussy and if his fight gets canceled he wont go in with anyone without a full training behind him. Could you imagine if they all took that stance there be more pull outs all the time. I think Conor comes back strong and does a big show in Dublin be it a defence of his title and then back over to the US for the fight that should of happen. I think he will eventually move up the weight and might end up fighting Nate Diaz again but it wont be for a while I honestly think he will want to avenge the loss.

Well, finally got to watch this card after a busy day! I knew Meisha would win this fight. Her style was well matched for Holm. During the 4th I thought she just needed to time Holm's kick and take her down, so she surprised me by doing it off a punch!

If she wants to retain or maintain her title defences, she really can't be as studious of her opponents like this fight. She needs to be more aggressive and take her head off the centre line.

As for C Mcg? Well,how poor was his game plan?!! I thought he may have watched Diaz's previous losses to see why he lost. ND is really susceptible to leg kicks! That and body shots would have had him gassing like a 60 a day smoker! Instead McG wants to stand and bang. Reaching in for his shots instead of breaking down Diaz. Foolish.

Sure, he's shown he has the power to hurt someone at 170 and his loss comes of not moving his head (as I've previously discussed in the thread that he would get KO'd one day!), not lack of power. He can do that at 145/ 155, not 170. I wouldn't class C McG as 'cocky' as some have, but overconfident in his methods.

But, he would have lost to Dos Anjos, no doubt, using the same methodology.

It was a step too far no other champion would of taken that fight and that's the reason. Bigger guys take bigger punches, Connor had everything to lose and Diaz had nothing to lose. Pat on the back for Connor for taking a pointless fight and having the biggest balls out there.

It was a step too far no other champion would of taken that fight and that's the reason. Bigger guys take bigger punches, Connor had everything to lose and Diaz had nothing to lose. Pat on the back for Connor for taking a pointless fight and having the biggest balls out there.
Hardly pointless the amount of money he got.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.