Var debate 2019/20

They're not finished yet
I agree but I believe that it is them who are being forced to change if they want to compete in the football stakes.
From a financial point of view I think our business plan develops year on year which was really the original reason they sought to stop our owner but perhaps they have more surprises for us as you suggest.

Presse said... "none taken, in fact, a point well made - if you disturb the hornets nest you must expect to get stung .."

its grim up north, Friday at 8:25 said
So a football team turning up to a football match in an official vehicle is disturbing a hornets nest? Mods get rid please.

VAR would have missed this also.

Justice is an often used word at the other end of the M62. Lest we forget -

“Thankfully no one on the bus was injured, but injuries were caused to two of our officers when projectiles were thrown towards the bus,” said match commander superintendent Paul White in a statement.

“This behaviour by a number of people who threw bottles, cans and pyrotechnics towards the bus is completely unacceptable and we will conduct enquiries to identify who was responsible and bring them to justice.

“We worked very closely with both clubs to ensure the safety of the public and the teams themselves, and it is disappointing to see that a number of people behaved in this appalling way.”

Pre- Meditated, Planned, Publicised and Preventable coach attack.

Your last line reminded of those pictures. The police obviously knew something was going to happen but did not do anything about it. An alternative route should have been made possible but the thing that sticks in my mind is why the bus was forced to go through at walking speed by the horses and bobbies on foot in front of it when its should have been whisked in at normal speed.

Not really anything to do with VAR but I could say that having video evidence there didn't help the police if they didn't want to deal with the offenders,

Mike riley admits VAR have made 4 mistakes. 1 being a penalty not awarded on david Silva vs Bournemouth. Another being the newcastle handball goal. Fair play for admitting the mistakes but how will it be rectified to stop it happening in future? Obviously the men currently doing the job arent qualified enough

Referee chiefs have told Premier League chairmen there have been four mistakes with VARs in the 40 matches so far this season.

Two penalties should have been awarded, for Manchester City and West Ham United, while a Newcastle United goal should have been ruled out for handball, the clubs were told at a meeting in London today.

Mike Riley, the managing director of the elite referees body, PGMOL Ltd, is also understood to have told chairmen that Leicester City’s midfielder Youri Tielemans should have received a red card for a challenge on Bournemouth’s Callum Wilson.

Only 4 mistakes? LOL, I can think of 3 mistakes just against City alone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.