Var debate 2019/20

That article says goals to be disallowed regardless of intent, or if accidental.
Am I missing something here? @BlueMooney
Sky couldn't say if it touched his arm or the defenders.there is no clear proof either way,at most it brushed his arm but didn't help the balll onto gabby,they tried hard to chalk it,the whole thing is wrong,the way they have set it up is to stop goals and up the other end give less pens as that has to be deliberate handball,they are trying to stop what makes us love football,it is not a great ad for anyone who loves the prem

That article says goals to be disallowed regardless of intent, or if accidental.
Am I missing something here? @BlueMooney

Jesus wept! Did you watch the video clip from MOTD that's in the article? Did you read to the end of the article?

Here, I'll help you. Skip to 30 seconds in the video clip and read the end of the article below.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49388102

So is the issue the rule itself?
Whether or not VAR is your thing or not, the video officials are just doing their job and enforcing the rule. The rule itself, though, is also attracting criticism.

"There is not one player on that pitch who thought that was a handball or who complained," said former England captain Alan Shearer on Match of the Day after the disallowing of Jesus' goal against Tottenham.

"Hugo Lloris is laughing; they've gained a huge advantage and that is what he is thinking about it.

"There are two players making similar actions towards the ball and if it hits the defender's arm, it is not given as a penalty - so that is not fair is it?"

City playmaker Kevin de Bruyne said "The rules should be clear. If the ball had touched somebody of Tottenham's arm, it's not a penalty, but if it touched our arm, it is not allowed.

"It should go both ways in something like that. I don't understand that as a player."

If the ball hits the defenders arm then it's not a penalty because it was accidental. If the ball hit Laporte's arm then the goal has to be ruled out because even though accidental, it enabled City to score.

Which is why I've been banging on here all afternoon that where is the proof it hit anyone's arm? In cricket, tennis they have all sort to prove it. In football we just have opinion with possible hidden agendas.
The ball changed direction mate if it hadn’t it wouldn’t have gone to Jesus

I see part of the problem is the desire is not undermine the referee. The VAR crew can overturn the goal because neither the referee, or anyone else, could spot the handball in real time. So no shame of the ref'.
With the penalty shout, the VAR crew think to themselves "The ref's dropped a bollock here, it's an obvious pen". However to pipe it down Oliver's ear, makes him look foolish and risks his credibility, so they leave it.

Sky couldn't say if it touched his arm or the defenders.there is no clear proof either way,at most it brushed his arm but didn't help the balll onto gabby,they tried hard to chalk it,the whole thing is wrong,the way they have set it up is to stop goals and up the other end give less pens as that has to be deliberate handball,they are trying to stop what makes us love football,it is not a great ad for anyone who loves the prem

I agree with you fully about that incident yesterday and I was absolutely gutted. I was just raising a more general but technical point about the role of ‘intention’ Karen.

I agree with you fully about that incident yesterday and I was absolutely gutted. I was just raising a more general but technical point about the role of ‘intention’ Karen.
Don't mind me i'm still annoyed lol
The atackers,if the ball touches their hand or arm it's handball full stop,up the other end if it touches the defenders arm or hand then it has to be deliberate and the arm outside of their natural silloette(sp) thus stopping goals scored whilst giving less pens,it's like they have plucked some work experience kid from tesco's to make up the rules,how football men can want to stop goals is mindboggling

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.