Var debate 2019/20

Referee chiefs have told Premier League chairmen there have been four mistakes with VARs in the 40 matches so far this season.

Two penalties should have been awarded, for Manchester City and West Ham United, while a Newcastle United goal should have been ruled out for handball, the clubs were told at a meeting in London today.

Mike Riley, the managing director of the elite referees body, PGMOL Ltd, is also understood to have told chairmen that Leicester City’s midfielder Youri Tielemans should have received a red card for a challenge on Bournemouth’s Callum Wilson.

Only 4 mistakes? LOL, I can think of 3 mistakes just against City alone.
Yeah and the rest lol,by their own rules the gabby goal should have stood,pens on dave and rodders,are they admitting the rodders one?

Are Riley and his cronies still sticking to their bogus interpretation of the perfectly sensible handball rules then? Just like Laporte, the Newcastle player did not have control of the ball before it deflected to another player so that goal should have stood anyway . How the hell does someone as stupid as Mike Riley end up in a position of influence in a multi-million pound sport?

......and they are also conveniently forgetting the Rodri penalty claim.

Riley looks like what he is, a weasel. Only four mistakes?? Really??? Utter bollocks! Oh and how surprising, said no City fan ever, that half of them were detrimental to ourselves. It has already put Liverpool two points ahead of us. Even if you disregard the disallowed Jesus goal there was the Rodri penalty in the same game. Expect more to scupper us Blue's, this year really will be their year!

Riley looks like what he is, a weasel. Only four mistakes?? Really??? Utter bollocks! Oh and how surprising, said no City fan ever, that half of them were detrimental to ourselves. It has already put Liverpool two points ahead of us. Even if you disregard the disallowed Jesus goal there was the Rodri penalty in the same game. Expect more to scupper us Blue's, this year really will be their year!
What gets me is that I have yet to see a ref in any game check the pitch side monitor (I stand corrected if so) yet VAR is all about getting the decisions correct. Riley mumbled on about speeding things up so sounds like it's OK to rush decisions when it suits.. Whilst we are all hanging 'round wondering what the fcuk is going on waiting for VAR to tell us the ref should get his arse over to the pitch side monitor and have a bit of input himself.. The whole thing is farcical ..

They've already cost us 2 points and add in that reviews not going to be used for penalties i.e. if Salah/Mane drops easy 2-3 times when they need that last minute winner. City denied stonewalls when we need it. One more Laporte/Jesus style decision and that's a 10-12 point swing. I fully expect that if Van Dyke or Robertson punch in a last minute winner or Mane/Firmino go in 2 footed on the keeper in the build up to a last minute winner they will refer to the Newcastle /Watford and say VAR ref missed it. Failing that they will have a Shalke style VAR failure and they will say the ref missed it and VAR broke down so go with the onfield decision. Before the season started I was hopeful VAR would highlight offsides and soft penalties and take 10-20 points of Liverpool's total. I fear it will add 6-8 points to there's and take 4-6 off ours.

Yeah and the rest lol,by their own rules the gabby goal should have stood,pens on dave and rodders,are they admitting the rodders one?

This.
The Wolves handball should have stood and they disallowed it incorrectly as Boly never had control possession of the ball, it rebounded to Dendoncker who scored . Commantators lapped this up saying "ANY handball in the build up will not be allowed". Why then does it give bullet points for control/possession etc . They got it wrong and used this a week later to deny us 2 points. Then reinforced this by saying "Correctly disallowed". The Newcastle goal was correctly allowed as it hit Hayden's hand and rebounded to Fabian Schar. At no time did Hayden have control or possession. Any normal person would have said "It was correctly allowed, we made mistakes on Wolves and Man City incidents". They knew the consequences of this and so said "Ahh the VAR ref should have seen the Newcastle handball". Talk about been caught in a hole and keeping on digging.

They've already cost us 2 points and add in that reviews not going to be used for penalties i.e. if Salah/Mane drops easy 2-3 times when they need that last minute winner. City denied stonewalls when we need it. One more Laporte/Jesus style decision and that's a 10-12 point swing. I fully expect that if Van Dyke or Robertson punch in a last minute winner or Mane/Firmino go in 2 footed on the keeper in the build up to a last minute winner they will refer to the Newcastle /Watford and say VAR ref missed it. Failing that they will have a Shalke style VAR failure and they will say the ref missed it and VAR broke down so go with the onfield decision. Before the season started I was hopeful VAR would highlight offsides and soft penalties and take 10-20 points of Liverpool's total. I fear it will add 6-8 points to there's and take 4-6 off ours.

I feared it would be used to screw us but foolishly thought that they couldn't due to having the benefit of all the replays we could see. Surely even they couldn't when people could rightly say, "They HAVE to award the penalty/goal, it is as plain as day on the replay even they can't deny us that!" Oh but they did.

The fact they’ve doubled down on the handball (by saying Newcastle’s should have been disallowed and Jesus was rightly - in their opinion - disallowed) means that we may as well stop quoting the actual law and bullet points.

The PL are using quite obviously their own interpretation.

When uefa don't obey their own rules except when it concerns penalising City it seems obvious that this rule abuse will cascade down to the FA choice Mr Riley.

What else do we expect?

The fact they’ve doubled down on the handball (by saying Newcastle’s should have been disallowed and Jesus was rightly - in their opinion - disallowed) means that we may as well stop quoting the actual law and bullet points.

The PL are using quite obviously their own interpretation.

And being inconsistent at every turn.

I was all for VAR, and as a concept it could still work. To make it work we need to get rid of that prick Riley and have people independent of referees as VAR officials looking after their mates.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.