Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness, Liverpool lost to Napoli, Man City beat Shaktar and I still came in here even when Van Dijk shows that he can make poor mistakes like anyone else so I wouldn't read too much into the timing of my arrival. I don't think Stones is a massive loss either and said as much.
You arrived before all that in response to us losing and john getting injured,you are full of shit already

Fair points and I'd especially agree with the first. Comes across as a bit of a sore loser blaming silly things for a loss when the opponents were simply better on the day. That annoys me. I like Pep myself. Klopp and Pep are streets ahead of the pack. Poch is decent though.

Welcome to the forum

I agree that he is a very good manager, but he is limited. At the moment he has got Liverpool singing his tune and performing - however his style is to score as many as possible in the quickest time. For me if any side can get into the latter stages of a game with the score equal then they will have the opportunity to win - the other teams in the premiership don't seem to recognise this though.

As good a manager as he is, I don't think he has the coaching ability anywhere near the level of Pep - look at our CB issue at present. One recognised CB and we were called rotten last week about it. However Pep in the meantime has been coaching dinho into that role and last night he looked at ease - clean sheet, won 3-0

Liverpool for all the media hype, no injuries, supposed world's best CB and leaked 2 goals and were cut open multiple times during the game(i heard) - nothing said at all by the media. Glossed over as the same start as last year so its an omen

You arrived before all that in response to us losing and john getting injured,you are full of shit already
Ah Karen.
My initial post was that John wouldn't be much of a loss. Correct. No denial. What I did say was that I STILL came in here when things went badly for Liverpool and well for Man City. Surely you can see that?

I think Klopp has a dark, petulant side that manifests occasionally but is ignored by the mainstream media. I acknowledge that he is an effective manager though and can understand why fans of the clubs he has managed hold him in high regard. That said I think Pep is more advanced in his knowledge of football and his development of players and tactics.
In some ways it is good that Pep has a decent opponent rather than the tedious Mourinho. Liverpool as a club and a big proportion of their fans are loathsome though - if City came out with a "This Means More" campaign I would die of embarressment.

you also need to add the fans attack on our team bus.

Heysel was tragic and Liverpool got off lightly. No argument.

Liverpool got off lightly, never took responsibility, unfairly blamed Chelsea fans, got all English teams banned, have effectively airbrushed the whole tragedy from history, Liverpool Football Clubs attitude to Heysel is incredibly hypocritical - when you view it in the context of their attitude to Hillsborough (another tragic event) and their self entitled attitude in Europe.

Welcome to the forum

I agree that he is a very good manager, but he is limited. At the moment he has got Liverpool singing his tune and performing - however his style is to score as many as possible in the quickest time. For me if any side can get into the latter stages of a game with the score equal then they will have the opportunity to win - the other teams in the premiership don't seem to recognise this though.

As good a manager as he is, I don't think he has the coaching ability anywhere near the level of Pep - look at our CB issue at present. One recognised CB and we were called rotten last week about it. However Pep in the meantime has been coaching dinho into that role and last night he looked at ease - clean sheet, won 3-0

Liverpool for all the media hype, no injuries, supposed world's best CB and leaked 2 goals and were cut open multiple times during the game(i heard) - nothing said at all by the media. Glossed over as the same start as last year so its an omen

I think Napoli were very well organised in defence and dealt with everything we threw at them. We can't say the same. Van dijk gets injured and our chances of winning anything plummets. Not saying he's the best but he's our best CB.
Your makeshift defence was called rotten purely because of the third goal. A couple of solid clean sheets and it'll be forgotten about as the media are as fickle as fans. I didn't see your CL match against Shaktar. Was dinho tested?
Pep has shown his worth over the years and it's not because of the the funds available. Throwing money at a problem doesn't fix it. Man Utd are perfect examples of this happening.
Pep has been shown to be an excellent coach. Sure Sterling was nowhere near what he is now when he was with Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.