Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you know what our club wants? What gives you the right to go on another club's forum and tell its members what their own club likes?

As I’ve already said, the article I posted a few pages back is pretty conclusive. It’s in the words of your own manager, you don’t get more of an insight anywhere.

I'm not sure the club are that desperate to win the CL. Sure it would be a nice addition but given our treatment by uefa it is not I would say the be all and end all. The antipathy you don't understand is again because of how we have been treated by uefa. It seems they don't like new money and ffp was set up to protect the old guard not encourage competition which would in turn drive standards up.

The FFP point is interesting. The motives of getting clubs to spend within their means is great. For the most part, clubs have managed it. But there have been instances all over Europe where clubs have broken it or skirted round it or whatever but nothing serious will ever be done. Is that right? Of course not, but if it promotes better financial management, it’s no bad thing.

The FFP point is interesting. The motives of getting clubs to spend within their means is great. For the most part, clubs have managed it. But there have been instances all over Europe where clubs have broken it or skirted round it or whatever but nothing serious will ever be done. Is that right? Of course not, but if it promotes better financial management, it’s no bad thing.

Very true like lying about stadium development.

It’s the only one that counts for top players. As I said earlier, those type will turn down a top club if they’re not in the CL. United are struggling to attract the cream for that very reason. If you play for a team in the CL, you’ve got a half decent chance of a league title anyway, the position of your club dictates that.
I say again, read the article I posted a couple of pages back. The club are desperate to win the CL, it couldn’t be any plainer. You might not be bothered, fair tackle, but don’t pretend that your manager and board aren’t.
Disagree. Top players want to win trophies, they won’t sign for a shite CL club no but they want clubs competing domestically and in Europe. No top player is obsessed with one trophy. You lot make out it’s the only one that counts cos it’s all you’ve won. Most of your squad signed cos they weren’t top players who weren’t VVD aside being pursued by top clubs I.e Robertson. They were just looking for an upgrade from lower tier clubs I.e Southampton, Hull, Sunderland. You weren’t even guaranteed too 4 two seasons ago, so they weren’t that arsed about much but an upgrade

Because it's a City forum? Just a wild guess.

I understand that, but there's a large number of posters that appear to constantly talk about how little they care about Liverpool. Just seems a bit contradictory, that's all.

I post here because I do care about city. I'm not posting to a Brighton forum because I don't care about them in the least.

You have. But next year will be 30 years since Liverpool last won it. 30 years!!

It seems Liverpool fans have now learnt the hard way not to print title winning t-shirts, celebrate outside Anfield after the end of matches, and swamp social media with pictures of the PL trophy, etc.

Like every club, mate, we have absolute whoppers who follow us. Us and United suffer terribly with them. Try hard little melts from everywhere who are desperate to fit in. They’re not representative of our core fan base just as your whoppers aren’t representative of yours

I agree that 30 years is far too long and of course I want to win it. If it wasn’t for you, we already would have. But we didn’t so just have another go. No point in us sitting there worrying about it, just see how we get on this time.

I understand that, but there's a large number of posters that appear to constantly talk about how little they care about Liverpool. Just seems a bit contradictory, that's all.

I post here because I do care about city. I'm not posting to a Brighton forum because I don't care about them in the least.

A lot of what I have read that Liverpool fans have written on here is controversial nonsense, most don't even recognise that they haven't won the premiership or accept that Klopp has spent a fortune to get Liverpool where they are now. That said it's all good IMO and having a free for all keeps things interesting.

Disagree. Top players want to win trophies, they won’t sign for a shite CL club no but they want clubs competing domestically and in Europe. No top player is obsessed with one trophy. You lot make out it’s the only one that counts cos it’s all you’ve won. Most of your squad signed cos they weren’t top players who weren’t VVD aside being pursued by top clubs I.e Robertson. They were just looking for an upgrade from lower tier clubs I.e Southampton, Hull, Sunderland. You weren’t even guaranteed too 4 two seasons ago, so they weren’t that arsed about much but an upgrade

But that reflects more the market that we were shopping in. To use Mane as an example, he’s now played in two finals and won one. If he ever leaves us, he’ll only be looking at a club who’s serious about doing the same. Why would he settle for less if he’s driven to win as many major honours as possible?
Do you think that De Bruyne, for example, would leave City for anywhere other than a proven heavy hitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.