Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Liverpool do go on to win the PL title, God forbid, it will be down to their defence and not conceding goals.
Which they have shown they will struggle with. They should have conceded two or three to the attacking masterclass that is Sheffield United yesterday alone, if not for some truly woeful finishing / exceptional saves from Adrian. Their CL performance is closer to their true level when playing decent teams.

Their defence has actually been very suspect from the end of last season and it’s not showing any signs of tightening up. They just haven’t been punished as they should, which will eventually end (basic probabilities).

So Klopp is a better manager than Mourinho ? No wonder they call you deluded

Mourinho has a great CV, no doubt about it. But at the moment, he hasn’t evolved with the game. He’s still thinking 4-2-3-1 and pursuing 27/28 + year olds. Klopp and Pep are bringing in young talent and turning them into world beaters. We bought 3 £30m strikers and now they’re worth £150m each. Ditto for a lot of players in your side, De Bruyne cost £50 odd, you could put at least another £100m on that now. That’s my point - the elite coaches are developing and nurturing talent through top class coaching. The players under Mourinho in recent years have stagnated, not flourished. He needs to adapt to the new world to get back to where he was.

You mentioned the Madrid thing you blert! You'll guarantee me 1 million % will you.. ffs haha! Give me the next 5 Premier League titles over winning the glorified cup competition any time... Hopefully we will win it one day but I can guarantee you my friend that I wouldn't lose a minutes sleep if we didn't .. Our Manager is on record saying win the league first, it's was definds you as a GREAT team.. Apparently you use to win leagues once upon a time..

I’ve watched us win everything, mate, at home and abroad. There are no new frontiers for us. I don’t understand your antipathy towards the CL, but football’s all about opinions.
As for your manager, read the article I posted few pages back. That’s pretty clear as to what he thinks of it and how desperate he and your club are to win it. It’s only your fans who aren’t arsed.

I’ve watched us win everything, mate, at home and abroad. There are no new frontiers for us. I don’t understand your antipathy towards the CL, but football’s all about opinions.
As for your manager, read the article I posted few pages back. That’s pretty clear as to what he thinks of it and how desperate he and your club are to win it. It’s only your fans who aren’t arsed.
I suggest you all get your names down for the Virgin Galactic Space Programme then and do us all a favour and **** off to Pluto and win everything there too!!

I dont think we are ‘desperate’ to win it, as much as you would like that to be the case. Yes it would be great to win it but as pointed out the league takes preference every time.

The difference here is that our owners, as much as your lot hate them and throw insult and insult their way, have changed our club and our footing in world football for the long haul. It is ran now on a similar level to what barca have implemented - a style identified with our club. Regardless of whic manager takes over the style of play and philosophy remains the same. Pep wasnt just brought in to win the CL at all - thats what the media peddle and those outside looking in lap it up.

He was brought in just as much to stamp his identity and style of play on the club, the team and the academy so that when he does move on a manager identified to take the mantle can continue moving us forward.

That’s the difference between us and yourselves - klopp goes liverpool are back to square one

you lot really are fucking deluded - " no new frontiers " from a supporter off a team that hasn't won the league in 29 years !

Your point about playing great football, having watched the Sheffield game you don't. It's hoof it get after that. Just a rich Stoke

This is why they can struggle against teams who can negate the one-size-fits-all approach. They cannot, it seems, apply any other plan than Plan K! Plan K? Klippity's Kick , Krush and Krapp Kondundrum

I think PL Champions is a new frontier for you - unless we all missed you winning the Premier League. Celebrating prematurely is not the same as winning it just to let you know.

So the only trophy that matters is the champs league. That suits the agenda of you mate who has only won that trophy in recent memory.

It’s the only one that counts for top players. As I said earlier, those type will turn down a top club if they’re not in the CL. United are struggling to attract the cream for that very reason. If you play for a team in the CL, you’ve got a half decent chance of a league title anyway, the position of your club dictates that.
I say again, read the article I posted a couple of pages back. The club are desperate to win the CL, it couldn’t be any plainer. You might not be bothered, fair tackle, but don’t pretend that your manager and board aren’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.