Artists you Simply love but would be somewhat reticent to admit to on the Moon

Not taking the Mick and matters little he's a follower of mid table misfits or borne to earth a strawberry blonde but I tell you this most solemnly he means little harm and his musical prowess has the ability to lift of the psyche propelling the ardent listener into inter-dimensional nuances never before thought humanly possible. Michael Hucknell the stage is temporally yours so show our Moon Men your cares and wares and be double quick as your time may be limited !

Here then without further to do are a gaggle of my all time favourites.

Post holiday blues:

Gorgeous saxophone-ophany:

Only the blessed and righteous can have bodily movements like this:

Save the best for last. Beautiful beautiful song Michael lad:

Picture Book, the title track of their first album, is fantastic.

Saw them live at The Ritz before they made it. They were brilliant.

Good grief !

tbf anyone who dismisses ABBA musically and rythmically doesn't understand music, some of the bass lines and compositions are akin to classical music of centuries before.

Just because jaunty pop lyrics were on top of them ABBA musically piss on many bands

Also their first LP is great and very mamas and papas in style

Last edited:
tbf anyone who dismisses ABBA musically and rythmically doesn't understand music, some of the bass lines and compositions are akin to classical music of centuries before.

Just because jaunty pop lyrics were on top of them ABBA musically piss on many bands

Mentioned here years ago that back in the day , Abba were a band that people regularly took this piss out of and yet in truth they were brilliant musicians , song writers and entertainers.

I follow your posts Two Gun and enjoy reading them but, well you are dead to me after this thread. How can you like someone that murdered Harold Melvins beautiful, soulful song 'If You Don't Know Me.

and he's a Rag !!!!!! (NO not Harold Melvin)

Last edited:
Mentioned here years ago that back in the day , Abba were a band that people regularly took this piss out of and yet in truth they were brilliant musicians , song writers and entertainers.

I think Abba are one of those bands that it simply wasn't trendy to like back in the day. These days it seems to be safe to admit being a fan. Their music, for me, sounds better with each passing day.

I follow your posts Two Gun and enjoy reading them but, well you are dead to me after this thread. How can you like someone that murdered Harold Melvins beautiful, soulful song 'If You Don't Know Me.

and he's a Rag !!!!!! (NO not Harold Melvin)

More of an affliction nowadays as they sink backwards into the dark dank abyss of time. Empires come and Empires go and the time for honouring themselves is happily at an end. On a musical front Michael is up there with the greats and I thought his rendition of If You Don't Know Me was perfectly acceptable given the challenges he faced and even Q Magazine credited him with "the most prodigious voice this side of Motown" and that certainly was a compliment to be proud of. Do you know what, we've all got our own funny moods and I know I've got mine and Misty you've got yours too but just trust in me like I trust in you. As long as we've been together it should be easy to do so just get yourself together or we might as well say goodbye. That is all:

More of an affliction nowadays as they sink backwards into the dark dank abyss of time. Empires come and Empires go and the time for honouring themselves is happily at an end. On a musical front Michael is up there with the greats and I thought his rendition of If You Don't Know Me was perfectly acceptable given the challenges he faced and even Q Magazine credited him with "the most prodigious voice this side of Motown" and that certainly was a compliment to be proud of. Do you know what, we've all got our own funny moods and I know I've got mine and Misty you've got yours too but just trust in me like I trust in you. As long as we've been together it should be easy to do so just get yourself together or we might as well say goodbye. That is all:

Mr Bob, when you put it like that I suppose I have been holding back the years thinking of the fear I've had so long. When somebody hears I should listen to the fear that's gone. Strangled by the wishes of pater, hoping for the arms of mater get to me the sooner or later.

FFS until I googled that I didn't know how shit those lyrics were, mater and pater FFS !! just cos he cant rhyme anything with later !! What's wrong with strangled by a hater just cos he's a waiter gets to me sooner or later.

One of the most influential bands of my era and in 2010 were eventually inducted into the rock halls of fame and there can be no better accolade. Mama mia was par excellent and right up there with those von trapps for musical excellence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.