Var debate 2019/20

Has Dermot had his say yet on Sky?

11:30. I will be watching and report back.
I'm sure I am just going to echo other comments, it's not working is it? We were told that it would remove controversy and deliver the correct decision. Because of the way it's been used it's more controversial than when we didn't have it and not delivering the correct decision!

The premise of VAR is good, other than the frame rate not being up to much the technology works.

Unfortunately, there are a bunch of muppets running it and ultimately making the decisions, who are just the poor referees we have stuck in front of a screen, their incompetence, bias or down right stubbornness to stick together and not show each other up makes VAR pointless. It won't change because the premier league and FA have supported it in its current guise and the back the ref's endlessly.

The only thing you can really trust is goal line technology as it doesn't need intervention from any idiots.

Dermot on Sky this morning, doesn't think the ball hits Dele Ali's arm prior to the Spurs goal, two professional footballers in the studio say it hits the arm, this sum's up the problem, but he does think Zaha's foul on KDB is a penalty.

No body has the balls to say, ref you've missed that one, reverse your decision.

Last edited:
Everyones moaning about the time taken for the ref to go to the monitor...Use the 4th official, he can make judgement calls, we can all see who it is making the decisions, just let the 4th official take a quick squint at the replay and make a call.

In rugby the ref, VAR Ref, and other officials all make an agreed and concise agreement. I dont think i have seen a ref on the pitch look at the monitor once yet himself and leaves it up the man in the van...

Even Herr Klopp agrees the shove on KDB was a penalty -
"Look at Manchester City yesterday - it was so clear and obvious that Kevin de Bruyne was pushed [against Crystal Palace] and if I am saying Manchester City should have had a penalty then it must have been a penalty."

From BBC SPorts Website https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50119117
"I even admit City should have had a penalty therefore I am speaking the truth"

No because the whole game is changed at every decision. IF VAR had not intervened in the Liverpool equaliser the whole game would have panned out differently. So perhaps you are the one who should keep in your Bluemoon gang of argumentative disbelievers.
And if my aunty had a dick she would be my uncle, and how do you know the game would have panned out differently? Oh you don't

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.