Var debate 2019/20

• THIS IS A KEY POINT!!!
People are PARAPHRASING THE LAW, but you can’t do that, as it is very, very specific in when it is and is NOT a handball.

In this case, the law was “created” because Llorente scored directly from the contact, which is a different section of that rule.

In short, people are NOT APPLYING THE RULE CORRECTLY....TO THE POINT OF CREATING VERBIAGE THAT ISN’T EVEN IN THE LAW!

I can’t believe no-one in the media is picking up on this?! Is it because they’re too lazy to actually read the law itself?
No because it involved us being on the end of it,could you imagine the stink caused by the media if it was the rags or scousers,they’d have wanted Oliver and the VAR ref suspended with immediate effect ..

No because it involved us being on the end of it,could you imagine the stink caused by the media if it was the rags or scousers,they’d have wanted Oliver and the VAR ref suspended with immediate effect ..
im trying hard to steer clear of “agenda” and to just speak about the MISAPPLICATION of the new law, due to pundits believing it says something it doesn’t, while ignoring the STATED PRETEXT.

You've misunderstood or I've not asked the question well enough. I just mean what advantage did we gain? Was the ball deflected sufficiently by the contact to create an advantage? If it had not touched Laporte, would a Spurs player have beaten Jesus to the ball?

I thought I might, sorry about that.

Without finding a clip to review and therefore having to rely on memory, it looked to me that the contact off Laporte moved it to Jesus facing the right way, rather than having to turn.

I'm not denying that the law is a problem, but I do think it was correctly applied. It's mostly a trouble of the law being clarified into black and white, and not allowing for opinion from the ref. That could play either way, but presumably was in response to a demand for clarification.

Because they are corrupt. The law as quoted often in this thread is quite clear that even 'if' the ball hit Laportes hand the goal should have stood

And that's your opinion, and nothing more - both on PGMOL, and on what the law means.
Has any ex-ref come out and stated that it was applied wrongly? There's plenty who quite like a pop at Riley and Oliver.

• THIS IS A KEY POINT!!!
People are PARAPHRASING THE LAW, but you can’t do that, as it is very, very specific in when it is and is NOT a handball.

In this case, the law was “created” because Llorente scored directly from the contact, which is a different section of that rule.

In short, people are NOT APPLYING THE RULE CORRECTLY....TO THE POINT OF CREATING VERBIAGE THAT ISN’T EVEN IN THE LAW!

I can’t believe no-one in the media is picking up on this?! Is it because they’re too lazy to actually read the law itself?

So it's not just a shit rule, it's a shit rule badly written .... my doesn't that surprise me anymore?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.