Var debate 2019/20

Nope, he said United goal should have been disallowed which is correct. Mane goal should have been disallowed, which it was and is correct. Watford one should have been a pen and was incorrect!!

Subjective, in a lot of people's opinion it shouldn't have been disallowed so not correct

Nope, he said United goal should have been disallowed which is correct. Mane goal should have been disallowed, which it was and is correct. Watford one should have been a pen and was incorrect!!

My god , he will be in deep shit with PiGMOL mafia . However it easy to say it with no commitment to do anything to correct the blatant flaws in operating it.

Death threats await him ................................and dippers will be demanding a replay .

Fully agree with that. The Mane decision looked to me the exact same issue as the one we had against Spurs. A hint of hand ball that did nothing to alter the play but used to rule out an otherwise perfectly good goal. Its is a ridiculous use of the technology - Hand balls have always been very subjective and they have decided to take all the subjectivity out of it and make it very technical with any handball enough to rule out a goal (but still stick to the original approach when it is not a goal). Both those games were denied the correct outcome IMO. We did enough to bet spurs and the dippers did enough to beat the rags, VAR chalked of a goal in each.

I don't agree with the Aguero decision but it had no effect on the result so I won't lose any sleep.

What, If it doesn't hit Mane's hand the ball skips thru to the keeper. Mane gained a clear advantage from the ball hitting his hand, completely correct decision to disallow it!!

Subjective, in a lot of people's opinion it shouldn't have been disallowed so not correct

And they are wrong. Both Rat Boy and Keane both said foul and they are some of the biggest rag sympathisers around!! I can understand the ref not giving it, I don't think he had the best view of it. But to see it from behind and then to still think its not a foul, is frankly bizarre.

However it went in our favour!! :)

It was hardly the biggest error in the world, just being ridiculously promoted on here as if it was the gravest of errors to suit the narrative.

In real time it would have been a very difficult decision to make.

Real time doesn't come into it though, it went to VAR and has to be given as a penalty and would be to anyone but us. Fuck all ridiculous about it on here except your contrary opinion of course.

If it goes to VAR the correct decision should be given, foul, no goal.

Question for me is should it have gone to VAR?
But this is the problem, remember that ALL goals are checked by VAR. However, imo, the “foul” was an incident that shouldn’t have been under scrutiny as it was subjective - if Atkinson for example had not had a direct view of it then fair enough, but he had a clear view and therefore his decision should have stood and not been looked at.

So a match between the Sky Two and VAR doesn't necessarily favour the dippers, and instead veers towards the most hyped, brand promoting darlings that even pip liverpool for media coverage, and somehow that is vindication for VAR and the atrocious, inexplicable and partisan decisions that we've seen this season, Clearly it is the new vogue to label anyone with cause to have bias and result producing doubts about VAR, as a tin foil wearing loon, but I don't believe in UFO's because I've not seen one - but I've certainly seen some very dubious and obviously incorrect VAR decisions to deny us and reward our rivals. So Liverpool could have lost three points and that is enough for some to prove VAR is fair and unbiased? Liverpool didn't need the points as much as United - they're still comfortably way out in front - it was a match the prem could just let run it's course. Let's see what transpires when we play them or in games that actually matter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.