Aston Villa (H) Post-Match Thread

The thing I didn’t understand at the time, and still don’t, is that if Sterling was offside and interfering with play, it didn’t matter if Dave touched it or not. He would have been interfering with Kevs’s shot with or without a Dave touch.

I wonder if the conclusion of the VAR ref was that he was offside but not interfering with play and the long review was to determine if Raz touched the ball because he was very close to it.

Common sense from someone who can see what happened.. But even in real time I thought Sterling standing in front of the keeper had to be blocking his view of the ball, so no goal.

BT a joke now talking about the second goal for over 5 minutes and saying it should be disallowed. If there is a touch by Silva, it is barely visible and certainly not conclusive and hardly affected the outcome of the ball travelling into the net. In the spirit of the game a perfectly good goal. It did not affect the result either.

So please Jake Humphreys give it a rest.
BT Sport are the vermin propaganda mouthpiece, expect nothing less from those cvnts.

Think we are missing sanes raw pace.

Also think he will go though. We do miss a really above winger.

Foden looked good when came on.

Ederson having a great season so far.

Just hang on in there until Laporte fit.

yep get the Christmas and new year years games out of the way and still be in and around touching distance with liverpool and then maybe a couple of new faces and the injuries back and big push on all front again

Think we are missing sanes raw pace.

Also think he will go though. We do miss a really quick winger.

Foden looked good when came on.

Ederson having a great season so far.

Just hang on in there until Laporte fit.
@asahartford1 Karen liked this — all is well in the world again. ;-)

Only seen it once live, but even if Silva played the ball I don't think Sterling did anything to be offside. Not in keeper's line of sight and nowhere near interfering.
Seen the replay now. Sterling was obviously in the keeper's line of sight so if Silva touched it, Sterling was offside. I can see why VAR took so long.

1. Was Sterling in an offside position when De Bruyne played it? No.
2. Was Sterling in an offside position if/when Silva played it? Yes.
3. Was Sterling in the keeper's line of vision? Yes.
4. Did Silva touch it? We keep replaying it, and we can't say that he does. Goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.