Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Independent, scraped by Newsnow , it seems:

1 - Mané has confirmed he dived and

2 - He confirmed he will do it again

Now awaiting FA to confirm charge of bringing game into disrepute

and

An outcry from the press who also reveal that dippers actually practice diving

Pretty sure it will be a long wait though!!!!

It came across that he was mocking Pep for calling him a diver. He finished off by saying he doesn't dive so yes, I'll agree that it'll be a long wait. :-)
It's obvious that he'll drop at the slightest touch in the box so hopefully if he gets a penalty it's a clumsy tackle that causes it so there's no endless posts about diving.

What's the chances that if Mane scores on Sunday he'll do an exaggerated dive as part of his celebration?
(and the ref will probably give a penalty for it)

Mane said the following:
‘The only thing I can say I will be for sure ready for the team, to give everything possible, and to help my team,” said Mane. ‘If it could be a penalty for sure I will ‘dive’ again. If the dive will give me a penalty then I will do it to get it back! Why not?
'But what Jurgen said is correct. I do not dive.” ‘I think it’s a bit clever from him [Guardiola] to get the attention of the referee but I will just play my football like I’m always doing. I don’t pay attention to what he’s saying because it’s part of football. Even though I saw him commenting about it, what he said, for me, I think it’s positive.’

In all honesty if you're asking me. I'm not arsed about either of them.

The games in Qatar are mad. There's a sizeable amount that want the trophy for a variety of reasons. I'd be against us flying all that way for two games which means a league game will need to be rearranged.

As for the league cup it really doesn't matter until the semi final. As bad as it sounds it's a distraction our squad can do without. I've seen us win it a number of times.

If you could pick one trophy. I'm sure most city fans would say the League. Of course you want to win everything, but there's a load of things that can stop that happening
You don't have to pick one trophy,as a serious team you go for the lot
Community shields are counted in answer to your little swipe,it is a competitive game between the 2 top domestic teams,well we couldn't play ourselves so you were invited,having said that i am with our chairman 3 plus one
Tinpot pre-season friendly trophies on an other continent nobody counts as that would be ridiculous as that is pre-season and not in any way a competitive game

Mane said the following:
‘The only thing I can say I will be for sure ready for the team, to give everything possible, and to help my team,” said Mane. ‘If it could be a penalty for sure I will ‘dive’ again. If the dive will give me a penalty then I will do it to get it back! Why not?
'But what Jurgen said is correct. I do not dive.” ‘I think it’s a bit clever from him [Guardiola] to get the attention of the referee but I will just play my football like I’m always doing. I don’t pay attention to what he’s saying because it’s part of football. Even though I saw him commenting about it, what he said, for me, I think it’s positive.’

Mane said I dive & I don’t dive then mentions I take no notice of Pep whilst displaying that he’s paid attention to Pep.

the boys confused, no wonder he falls over easily.

He is a bit isn't he.

Being completely honest here many many professional footballers are so this isn't some moral high horse to shout down from but its important for you to be honest and tell it as it is.

He is a diver.

Mane said I dive & I don’t dive then mentions I take no notice of Pep whilst displaying that he’s paid attention to Pep.

the boys confused, no wonder he falls over easily.
He’s taken a course at the Klopp School of Epistemology and Cosmetology.

You don't have to pick one trophy,as a serious team you go for the lot
Community shields are counted in answer to your little swipe,it is a competitive game between the 2 top domestic teams,well we couldn't play ourselves so you were invited,having said that i am with our chairman 3 plus one
Tinpot pre-season friendly trophies on an other continent nobody counts as that would be ridiculous as that is pre-season and not in any way a competitive game

But if you had to pick just one, both teams would say the league. Imagine it comes down to last game and you're playing in the FA Cup final the weekend after.

Of course you want to win both. But nobody is picking the FA cup over the league. That's my point.

Whether you want to big up the community shield (which at times early on was a bananas game. In 1970-1971 Arsenal won the double. So the charity shield at the start of the 71-72 season? Liverpool the FA cup runners up against Leicester who won the second division the previous season. Leicester won the game 1-0 at Filbert Street).

It's a game with a trophy. It's an invitational game, much like the European Super Cup and the World Club Cup. You only want to count the trophies you seem to win as important. I'd love nothing more than to see Liverpool win everything on offer all the time. That's simply not how things work.

Whether City fans want to admit or not, this Liverpool side (with the refs, and the media and the FA and everything else) are a real challenge to City and makes last seasons efforts by City all the more remarkable.

If City finished last year on 98 points and the nearest team was on 80 then everyone would be saying how easy it was. I seriously doubt anyone apart from City or Liverpool are winning this league this season. I also seriously doubt they'll be a massive points difference between the teams.

On Mane, of course he does go down easily (as do the overwhelming majority of players in the league) but is it any wonder. Week in, week out every fan (who watches their own club, through their own lense much more than they do other clubs) sees a foul, a tug, a pull where a foul isn't given. The standard of refs is the real issue.

We saw in the World Cup how they clamped down on ridiculous fouls in the box at a corner. Fast forward to a Newcastle player having a Liverpool player in an actual headlock and it's waved away. I tend to not watch games unless it involves us. I'm sure most city fans could point to a decision they think was more than generous to the opposition. But can you say you've never been given anything that's more than a little generous to City?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.