Bernado Silva misconduct charge: one game ban, £50k fine

I think the Wayne Hennessey case makes for a more compelling argument than the size of any fine. The FA accepted in that case that Hennessey didn't know what a Nazi salute was, which is quite obviously untrue, and dropped the charges. In Bernardo's case they accepted that "the player did not have any knowledge of the historical connotations of the Conguitos character", but banned him regardless. It smacks of double standards to me.
This all day long!!

Literally every sentence in that is bollocks.

Did I excuse UEFAs punishment of Bulgaria? No. Did I condone 2 city players being vilified? No I didnt even mention Sterling.

If you want to have an argument where you get to make up what the other person says, I'd suggest an imaginary friend.

What I actually said (I'll repeat it even though you likely wont read it) is that its fucking idiotic to compare fines from 2 different and separate governing bodies and asking why Liverpool didnt get punished for supporting Suarez- something that literally no one has ever been punished for - is also fucking stupid.
You're imagining things yourself and seem to have anger management problems, something that seems very common among the self righteous. I'll leave you to wallow in your self imposed indignation.

He wasn't because the charge was not "did something racist", and he wasn't found not guilty. He admitted the offence!
They charged him with insulting Mendy on the grounds of race or colour. What's the difference?

Their conclusion is garbage because Mendy was not offended and if they accept that Bernardo Silva was not aware of the historical background to the character, and intended no insult then what are they doing?

Mandatory for such a charge witha guilty verdict - in the regs, I think.

Yep, but which 'holier than the fuckin' rest of us' wallah is gonna deliver the 'education' so that Bernardo can become a better person than the wankers at the FArce deem him presently to be! Let him or her without stain be the first to cast a stone!!

They charged him with insulting Mendy on the grounds of race or colour. What's the difference?

Their conclusion is garbage because Mendy was not offended and if they accept that Bernardo Silva was not aware of the historical background to the character, and intended no insult then what are they doing?

Screwing money out of people. PiGMOL screws points off us; the FArce screw money off us!

No, they didn't. They charged him with acting in a way prejudicial to the game (or bringing the game into disrepute) - that's roughly what the E3(1) reg is.

There is no need for any offence to be taken, for the reasons @domalino has explained. Ignorance can be mitigation, and they have addressed all the points in their statement. The act itself is enough, as he has 600000 followers (apparently).

I think (but can't be certain) that much of this is driven by the odd nature of the FA being an autonomous body who don't have anyone obvious to answer to, and as a result they try to adhere to relatively high guidelines.

It would be good,(but not going to happen),if Mendy tweeted or let it known that he had gone halves on the fine,that would shut the fuckers up,and make them look proper twats,however all players have plenty money,so £50k a drop in the ocean I suppose to them,but still would show even more solidarity I guess

Bernardo Silva

Below is extracted from The Telegraph and The Guardian

" City will not appeal against the independent FA commission’s decision because of the possibility that Silva’s punishment could be extended, though the club believe the tariff was too high (for a number of reasons).... The Portuguese was given a one-match ban due to the mitigating circumstances articulated in the commission’s ruling."

The FA commission also laid out the mitigating factors taken into account. “The player did not have any knowledge of the historical connotations of the Conguitos character. His tweet was not intended by him to be either racist or offensive in any way. The tweet was promptly deleted by the player.

The regulatory commission added: "Moreover, the player had himself grown up in a country where both the brand and the character were familiar and considered inoffensive."

“The player made an early admission in full cooperation with the disciplinary process. The player has an exemplary character and disciplinary record.”

Mendy, who is a good friend of Silva, had written to the commission to make it clear he took the tweet in the spirit intended by the player. On the same day as the tweet in question, Silva posted: “Can’t even joke with a friend these days … You guys …”

The player and his club have taken steps themselves to ensure that the player has a greater understanding of his responsibilities on social media.

The City manager, Pep Guardiola, had previously said on 25 September, "Bernardo is one of the most lovely people I have ever met in my life,” “He speaks four or five languages – that is the best way to understand how open-minded he is – and one of his best friends is Mendy. He is like a brother for him. The image for the two is not about the colour of the skin.”

America, eh?! Fuck me, we are reaching for someone, something, some other, so we don’t have to look at ourselves and realize WE are the problem!

I obviously live in America and am aghast when I come back to England that every commercial in TV during the day is either car insurance or “do you have an insurance claim.” Come over to the States some time and and see the difference. Yes, we have a few major car insurers vying for your business, but the whole “have you been injured in the job?” bullshit is relegated to a few shit commercials in a few shit channels on the overnight programming... and doesn’t run on a constant loop all fucking day!

And, lastly, I have never seen such snowflakes as I see every time I come back over to Blighty!!! Every word has some hidden meaning that is now forbidden and you can actually get into serious trouble for saying some of them! But, not to worry, eh, it’s the damn Yanks....where freedom of speech actually exists...although it is starting to get very British, with people getting all sensitive about everything! First Amendment...thank goodness!
Stop frothing,i am talking about how we follow you in everything,you started off we everyone talking about their feelings and having therapy,being offended by everything,sueing the fuck out of everyone for breaking a toe nail,our culture follows yours as we always have,america loves trump,i rest my case

I think the Wayne Hennessey case makes for a more compelling argument than the size of any fine. The FA accepted in that case that Hennessey didn't know what a Nazi salute was, which is quite obviously untrue, and dropped the charges. In Bernardo's case they accepted that "the player did not have any knowledge of the historical connotations of the Conguitos character", but banned him regardless. It smacks of double standards to me.

Anyway, the club and Silva have accepted the punishment, albeit reluctantly, so I think there's little point in dwelling on it. Time to draw a line under it and move on. Hopefully Bernardo can recapture the form he showed last season.
Double standards or dropped standards because of who he plays for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.