Bernado Silva misconduct charge: one game ban, £50k fine

Is it? Which other examples have there been? The only one I can think of was that bloke who sent loads of tweets about how gay people should be killed, which isn't really in the same ball park. The only example I can think of where someone was punished for a racist social media post was Rio Ferdinand calling someone a coconut back in 2013, and he only received a fine. Obviously they might have changed the guidelines since then, but I can't help but think that the new harsher penalties suddenly come into effect when one of our players fucks up, and not for example just 7 months ago with Wayne Hennessey was found not guilty on the grounds that he's a moron.

Ferdinand got a 3 match ban for calling someone a "sket" to be fair, but surprisingly didn't get banned for calling Ashley Cole a choc-ice.

Totally agree that Hennessey getting off was bizarre

Not sure if anyone has pointed it out, but Bernardo also got fined 50,000.

Luis Suarez fine for racially abusing Evra in a game ten times? 40,000.

After complaints about racism punishments being too weak, the FA increased the punishments after the Suarez/Terry incidents.

So obviously Bernardo's fine is larger, it's probably a smaller % of his salary given player wage inflation (and normal inflation) and of course there's the small detail of Bernardo not being banned for 10 games...

Well thats me done with it. I will no longer watch football neither City or England.

To do so would simply be accepting this racism witch hunt, sorry its an absolute load of bollocks.

Anyone from Kick it out reading this my message is simple. What you have done is nothing more than counter productive and proves to me that you are happy for racism to blight our national game in order to justify your existence and of course to ensure some of you continue to receive what I expect are very generous salaries indeed.

Go fuck yourselves.

Is it? Which other examples have there been? The only one I can think of was that bloke who sent loads of tweets about how gay people should be killed, which isn't really in the same ball park. The only example I can think of where someone was punished for a racist social media post was Rio Ferdinand calling someone a coconut back in 2013, and he only received a fine. Obviously they might have changed the guidelines since then, but I can't help but think that the new harsher penalties suddenly come into effect when one of our players fucks up, and not for example just 7 months ago with Wayne Hennessey was found not guilty on the grounds that he's a moron.

Okay, I've just found out about the Balotelli one. Personally I think that's bullshit too, arguably moreso than Bernardo's, because Mario was posting it as an anti-racist message.
Yeah, there's the Balotelli one and the other that immediately comes to mind was Ferdinand getting three games (though I can't recall if it was reduced on appeal) for his dumb tweeting a few years back as well. In this case Bernardo's was less than the three games because of the mitigating factors posted earlier in the thread.

Well thats me done with it. I will no longer watch football neither City or England.

To do so would simply be accepting this racism witch hunt, sorry its an absolute load of bollocks.

Anyone from Kick it out reading this my message is simple. What you have done is nothing more than counter productive and proves to me that you are happy for racism to blight our national game in order to justify your existence and of course to ensure some of you continue to receive what I expect are very generous salaries indeed.

Go fuck yourselves.
There is not a single person who will stop watching because of any of this. You included.

After complaints about racism punishments being too weak, the FA increased the punishments after the Suarez/Terry incidents.

So obviously Bernardo's fine is larger, it's probably a smaller % of his salary given player wage inflation (and normal inflation) and of course there's the small detail of Bernardo not being banned for 10 games...

Of course. I still don't understand the ban though. The fine I get. Seems a pretty harsh punishment for misreading cultural norms utilizing iconography that apparently is so racist it's still used.

Last edited:
Daily Mail.

Bernardo Silva is let off with just a ONE-MATCH ban over his racially-offensive tweet to Man City team-mate Benjamin Mendy... meaning he will miss crunch clash with Chelsea

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.