Post Match Thread - United (h)

They wanted it more and mirrored what Chelsea did, quick transitions in triangles around our slow midfield.

I thought Rodri was again excellent but he needs runners and certainly not Dave in the same engine room.

As for Angelino, I'll say it again, whoever suggested he was worth bringing back must have been pissed. What a shocking player on so many levels.

Also time for Stones to leave, unreliable, both in terms of fitness and his lack of aggression.

Stones doesn't even 'look' right imo.

Looks like he's been on an all dayer every time I see him.

This team reached a marvelous peak last season but the drop off the summit has been worryingly rapid.

We have an ageing spine, the most important part of the team. Around them we lack pace and bite in midfield Teams have worked us out and it isn't difficult to do. Hit long balls to pace and we struggle horrifically. Laporte and Sane coming back isn't going to solve this and we can also forget any ideas of winning the champions league. Four pretty average sides, Liverpool apart, have beaten us fairly comfortably already and even poorer sides often create two or three good chances, even bloody Watford.

This sounds crazy given the season we had last year but major surgery is needed. A top quality left back, two good centre halves, even with Laporte coming back and a tough physical, pacey DM. I don't think Rodri is the answer there. Up front we need a physical world class player. Again Jesus isn't it. A replacement for David Silva. Out goes Ota, Stones, Mendy, possibly Angelino. We didn't have one forward with a goal threat on the bench with Aguero injured so had to stick with him in the hope something came off. We have four wingers when everyone is fit but just two centre forwards, both similar physiques and attributes.

The league has gone now so time to get two proper centre halves in the side and Fern back in his normal position. Let's face it it couldn't be much worse than at present. Pep was outfoxed by the paper boy today and he also needs to seriously up his game and not just keep sticking to the same tactics, when the personnel available at present means they aren't working. Echo's of Pellegrini in his last season so far.

Pity some on here don't have your perspective . The injuries are the real issue imo.
Disagree Laporte is not a mobile imperious defener, He gets done by pace ,Kun is like Silva going into slow decline. Sane is a miss but we should have had options on the left. The problem is we have not replaced with 'exceptiona' we've gone for affordable. We are run by a bunch of accountants.

Exact repeat of Chelsea game. Pep won't take David Silva off but it's obvious Foden should be playing in his place.

I didn't think it was a pen. That gave them the game. They could just counter attack from that moment

A defeat is always crap but christ the way things were going it could have been far worse!
Your right,they looked dangerous on the break and could’ve scored a few more. Getting a consolation made it look like we gave it a good go. Need to forget this and try and concentrate on the cup competitions. Chances are we’ll miss out on top 4 which won’t please the owners .

League is definitely over and has been for a while but we're still in 3 comps and as long as we have a decent crack at them then it could still be a decent season for us. So many people forget that winning a league or a cup is so difficult, we've pretty much won the lot the last two seasons and you can see its catching up to some of our players.

United played well for the first half hour and then did pretty much nothing for the rest; we were the exact opposite of the Burnley game and back to slow and ponderous passing and with little movement - when we did get in behind they did a decent job of stopping them hitting their box; Pep will be fuming with VAR again and rightly so, definitely a pen in there and I thought that challenge on Sterling could have seen red; the fullback situation is embarrassing now, we give so many teams the option to hit out wide with little to no pressure which has caused so many issues this season; too many key players are off the boil this year (Bernardo, Silva and I would argue that Kev has been hit and miss).

Frustrating but it's the tale of this season it seems, we need to keep our eyes on top 4 and hope theres a few trophies coming our way by the end of the season. Enjoy the rest of the weekend if you can Blues.

Might be wrong, but Mendy looks better to me than Angelino. Hard to say indeed but Angelino was very poor today.

I wouldnt have either of them - as shit as Angelino was today (and he was really shit) - Mendy wouldnt have been any better and could have been worse.

We need two new left backs

We have some major surgery to do in the summer and its intersting that Pep has hinted at that - i thinkhe knows it like he did in the first season when he arrived. He aint got the players he needs at centre half, and left back plus at entre forward (when Kun aint fit)

I dont know if anyone else notice it but in his match comments eariler in the week when talking baout Jesues he mentioned confidence and players needing to have that regardless of what was happenign and he made a direct reference to Jesus and not being in touch with his family as well) - it was subtle but it was there..Im not sure he has the mentality to kcik on and i think Pep is starting to question it as well. He has had a number of opporuntuties to oust Kun form the number one spot when Kun has been injured BUT he has never done it - does he have the mentality to do so????

They have some decent young players at that club. Daniel James for one.

Would he get into our team? Possibly not. I don't think he beat us tonight, we beat ourselves by defending poorly and having no protection in front of the back 4. That was possibly down to poor selection and tactics. I hate losing to those tossers, now we have to sit and listen to OGS is King for the next month or so on Sky/BT etc.
Oh God, time to hide.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.