Post Match Thread - United (h)

How do we sort it? I'm not sure. Teams are going to play the same way against us save for sides that can't/don't want to (Burnley the former, Chelsea the latter). Any match we are at risk of losing now. That has to be a confidence destroyer. What's the tactical solution?
Back to the possession game without losing the ball - press tighter . With Laporte coming back eventually we will see an improvement but there's also a naïveté about our play right now . It's too open and whilst I love Pep's " we wanna play" attitude when it fails it fails miserably . For it to work theback four and defending midfield have to be on top of their game and that is not happening . With Burnley it was different and with Chelsea we got away with it even though our possession in that game was less than Chelsea's . Basics basics basics is all really . Kompany said it after Liverpool and he was right .The dangers were there to see after United played well in midweek and we didn't do the basics well today - keep it to 0-0 up
to half time and we are in with a great chance. It is not much to ask for is it - at home? But it'd be too boring wouldn't it ? Maybe I'd like boring once while when things might be tighter and we control the game . Once we concede it's a virtual mountain to climb. We are not giving ourselves a platform right now and the teams who want to play will exploit the weaknesses very easily. That game was there for us today if we had tightened up and defended properly. Pep and Arteta need to find something and quickly . Otherwise the 4th spot is in danger too .

Stones problem has always been mentality, great talent but no balls

Something (or a number of things) are clearly affecting him at present. Just looks a shadow of himself and looks like he is carrying the wieght of the word on hsoshoulders

An absolute fucking disgrace to get beaten on their cup final. They're one of the worst teams I've seen at the Etihad and we made them look ok.

Mistakes all over the place. Ederson beaten at his near post, Bernardo's tackle for the penalty was fucking brainless, Jesus missed an easy header, Rodri was anonymous.

Rodri has changed how we play so much, which is why we're so unrecognisable. Fernandinho is quality as a pivot, so quick & clever, snuffs out counter-attacks and starts ones of our own. Rodri is so slow it's painful. Especially against a counter-attacking clogger side like the fucking rags. Leaves so many gaps and 2 on 1s because he's behind the play. I honestly don't think the back 4 can do much without any protection whatsoever.

Attack is the best form of defence, but when you have a great attacking midfield and ZERO defensive midfield of any note (no slight on Rodri who I think played as well as could be expected after being overrun most of the game), a team that counter attacks you quickly and with good players is ALWAYS going to cause you problems.....as we will see next when we play Leicester!

We are too small, too weak, too insipid in midfield on the back foot. We expend 90% of our energy getting forward, then need a rest and play it back and forth across the park for a minute to get our breath back, then wonder why we are trying to attack against an 11 man defence. When we have Angelino playing left wing and KDB picking the ball up at left back, methinks something has gone awry.

Throw in Bernardo, Silva, Angelino, Sterling, Jesus and even KDB having an off day, and we were lucky it wasn’t 5-1, because the chances were certainly there. Tbh, I thought it might be the ultimate nightmare, a 6-1 loss at home, after the start and chances they had.

Looked stale, predictable and completely off the pace for long stretches. Even had the chance to sneak a draw or the cheekiest win ever, but simply not getting the breaks and not taking our chances. Sterling should be fined two weeks wages for trying to dribble across the 10 yard line trying to get a shot off. Ridiculous!

Lastly, can anyone tell me why we chip the ball up into the box? Anyone?

P.S. I hope the club identifies and bans anyone throwing objects into the field or racially abusing anyone. We are City and that is unacceptable.

Thank God our management aren't as stupid as you.

No need to be personal mate.

Performances and the current defensive issues are largely of his own making.

The team and he collectively haven’t been nearly good enough this season.. he doesn’t stay places that long and his style is so physically and mentally demanding.

Personally, I think he either leaves at the end of the season or stays for another 4/5 years for the squads spine rebuild/refresh.. I think it will be the former.

Embarassing. We’ve been unbelieveably shite this season. Let’s just hope we can finish top 3. I fucking hate the CL, but that’s our only hope this season

I
I’m as bad as the rest of us. Flying off the handle like a man on speed, thank you for adding a bit of calm to the aftermath. Yes3 trophies still up for grabs. I’m still pissed mind you and feel very glass half empty about this team we have right now.
I know mate, we're all the same but same and laporte are big shoes to fill, we had a bad 25 mins but the second half showed us the real city, just need to remember her brannan and Frank Clark to put the smile back, it isn't too bad a team to support. Now, if we surrender in the champions league that's another matter, I think we'll go close this season though

Something (or a number of things) are clearly affecting him at present. Just looks a shadow of himself and looks like he is carrying the wieght of the word on hsoshoulders
His taste in women leaves a lot to be desired.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.