Transition season excuse

Damanino

I see this coming up lately due to our poor results what unsure on what people mean on this.

For me Chelsea this season is a prefect example of a transition season, where due to transfer ban and no transfers and Lampard coming in they try to set a new system, Lampard still finding out about the job as he quite a new manager, bringing in some younger players Abraham, Mount making them important part of first team squad, obviously due to this their expectations cannot be that high for this season and probably wouldnt fire Lampard if he only finishes 6th.
I say well done if he is in top4 given Hazard is a huge loss and they got that Pulisic guy but he is a nobody yet, needs 1-2 years to make a real name for himself.

I dont know what is our transition with trying to push Fernandinho and David Silva at age 34 and 35 not even handing Foden a fair amount of games to break trough.

Two new signins who are not youth players, Rodri and Cancelo are both seasoned pros from Serie A and La Liga. So far it looks we just wanted another back up to Walker, but what an expensive back up really. I thought he will come in and makes Walker sit on the bench, and add a more attacking approach so far I cant decide if Pep trusts him to do that as defensively it would make us even more fragile and that is saying something. Same with Mendy btw.
Rodri will have to slowly pick up the speed, and become an important part of midfield.

but then what about the defence and attack? What transition we doing there exactly? Still playing high up the pitch yet Pep wouldnt trust Stones and Otamendi together maybe vs Zagreb he will but otherwise no.

In attack teams found us out. But I think we just become slower and attack with less energy. Defenders have more time to get to a block, block a shot, block a cross, we lose so many passes in attacking third, David Silva, Sterling just passes it to the defender, and then they counter us and we have a problem.

I dont see us playing other system, trying other way of things, apart from our number of crosses seems like going up, we started to play the numbers game more recently to break up defensive walls, but surely Sterling, Silva, Jesus and/or Bernardo are the ones waiting for the crosses.
Get Crouch out of retirement, stick him up there, and he will score more headers still from our crosses then above 4 together all season.

It could be due to our loss of pressing, intensity and becoming more desperate to put crosses in and anything might happen. Well nothing happens usually. If we had a target man like Dzeko maybe or a striker with immense instinct like Kun in his prime but even he is getting older.

I see this coming up lately due to our poor results what unsure on what people mean on this.

For me Chelsea this season is a prefect example of a transition season, where due to transfer ban and no transfers and Lampard coming in they try to set a new system, Lampard still finding out about the job as he quite a new manager, bringing in some younger players Abraham, Mount making them important part of first team squad, obviously due to this their expectations cannot be that high for this season and probably wouldnt fire Lampard if he only finishes 6th.
I say well done if he is in top4 given Hazard is a huge loss and they got that Pulisic guy but he is a nobody yet, needs 1-2 years to make a real name for himself.

I dont know what is our transition with trying to push Fernandinho and David Silva at age 34 and 35 not even handing Foden a fair amount of games to break trough.

Two new signins who are not youth players, Rodri and Cancelo are both seasoned pros from Serie A and La Liga. So far it looks we just wanted another back up to Walker, but what an expensive back up really. I thought he will come in and makes Walker sit on the bench, and add a more attacking approach so far I cant decide if Pep trusts him to do that as defensively it would make us even more fragile and that is saying something. Same with Mendy btw.
Rodri will have to slowly pick up the speed, and become an important part of midfield.

but then what about the defence and attack? What transition we doing there exactly? Still playing high up the pitch yet Pep wouldnt trust Stones and Otamendi together maybe vs Zagreb he will but otherwise no.

In attack teams found us out. But I think we just become slower and attack with less energy. Defenders have more time to get to a block, block a shot, block a cross, we lose so many passes in attacking third, David Silva, Sterling just passes it to the defender, and then they counter us and we have a problem.

I dont see us playing other system, trying other way of things, apart from our number of crosses seems like going up, we started to play the numbers game more recently to break up defensive walls, but surely Sterling, Silva, Jesus and/or Bernardo are the ones waiting for the crosses.
Get Crouch out of retirement, stick him up there, and he will score more headers still from our crosses then above 4 together all season.

It could be due to our loss of pressing, intensity and becoming more desperate to put crosses in and anything might happen. Well nothing happens usually. If we had a target man like Dzeko maybe or a striker with immense instinct like Kun in his prime but even he is getting older.
I feel your pain. I'll probably give it until Xmas and then go back to supporting Liverpool

It’s not transition. It’s decline. I thought we had finally switched on against Burnley but no a false dawn. Most of the squad are currently underperforming. The speed and aggression has disappeared from our game. Pep has been miraculous the last couple of seasons. He needs to start showing his genius this season because I really can’t see it in these displays.

This season should have been used as a transition season once the injuries scuppered us, but it looks like simply being a season of decline with next year being the transition season. So instead of one frustrating season, we are opting for at least two.

I am so confused why some fans can not see this seasons issues and potentially what’s ahead.

It’s ok to criticise pep & the players. It doesn’t make you less a blue.

we think we have issues this season wait for next if we don’t get some quality players in.

d silva goes next year
Aguero & fern will be a year older & look much slower this year.
Jesus, gundy, stones, otamendi, not good enough.
Still not sure on Mendy, Walker, Angelino, Mahrez.
Sane will probably go.

As you can see the issue is more than injuries.

I don’t see how any can disagree with the above but I’m sure some will and your entitled too it’s all about opinions :-)

The Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Fernandinho, Aguero replacements are not at the same level unfortunately.
They aren’t. It’s a shame but they just aren’t.

We look like heading to what Arsenal became after Bergkamp Vieira Campbell Cole Henry Pires all left within a few years of each other.

Replacements not at the same level, easy to attack, a soft touch.

It’s a decline, not a transition. The players that made this team tick have almost all come to their end.

The transition is yet to come.

Bar aguero, silva and the now departed Kompany exactly who is not at peak age? ( in fact it was said this squad was buit for a decade in the centenary season)

We have a squad well capable of wining every comp, for me blues are being scapegoaty with this declining/transition shite

We haven't re0laced kompany and that was foolish, bit bar that his is a young squad that pep built

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.