Transition season excuse

And I fear this. I fear that we will go out and spend shitloads again on players we don’t really need.
This is what frustrates me. I think the central defence may well be sorted with Laporte, Stones, Garcia and Harwood Bellis, whilst Foden and Jesus are top quality players who are on the periphery of our side but should be starting more games.

I was going to start a thread on similar thoughts but wanted it not to be classed as a knee jerk reaction thread

When you look at our squad in a totally ruthless way, who would you keep, who should go and who is at last chance saloon?

On the who should go list and and I say this first name with a heavy heart, Dave Silva, he just isn't producing.
He should only be used as an impact sub now

First name at last chance saloon is Ben Mendy

Thoughts on these two and any others are welcome

I would also say I would go balls deep in every domestic cup this season and I mean play a first choice 11 in every league cup and FA cup game

And I fear this. I fear that we will go out and spend shitloads again on players we don’t really need.
I don’t. We spent a lot two seasons ago on a lot of players and imo they have all been outstanding minus mendy bc if his injuries. I trust in pep getting players he needs/wants

I was going to start a thread on similar thoughts but wanted it not to be classed as a knee jerk reaction thread

When you look at our squad in a totally ruthless way, who would you keep, who should go and who is at last chance saloon?

On the who should go list and and I say this first name with a heavy heart, Dave Silva, he just isn't producing.
He should only be used as an impact sub now

First name at last chance saloon is Ben Mendy

Thoughts on these two and any others are welcome

I would also say I would go balls deep in every domestic cup this season and I mean play a first choice 11 in every league cup and FA cup game
Mendy, Silva and Fernandinho should be squad players. I fear for Mendy.

Another problem is KDB. He is quite a bit short of where he was.

With the way we play, we can't carry average full backs like angelino or zinchenko, a defender like stones and ageing midfielder like david silva, all area's of the team must be young, intelligent and be able to respond when our attack break's down. At the moment we are fitting player's into positions because of injuries and bad recruitment. Imo.

Mendy, Silva and Fernandinho should be squad players. I fear for Mendy.

Another problem is KDB. He is quite a bit short of where he was.

Bernardo hasn't played well for weeks and neither has Raheem Sterling and these are two key players, three if you include KDB!!
When you add to this we are really carrying Dave Silva and we are really poor on the left side of defence and we have no solid partnership in central defence as we swap and change all the time, it's not difficult to see why we are so inconsistent

It’s our philosophy. Yes, Pep did brilliantly to get 100 points, and a quadruple, can’t argue with that.

Fact is, Pep inherited the best squad in the league, spent a ton of money, and we look worse than we did in his first season.

Buying Stones who can pass but not defend. Relegating one of the best players in the world to 4th choice winger because he doesn’t ‘track back’ (he does, more than most wingers). Mendy is average defensively. Playing Bernardo on the wing. Using Rodri, Gundogan and Silva as 2 of a midfield 3. Not bedding in Foden when it’s Silva’s last season (and he’s ‘the best talent he’s ever worked with’). Garcia not getting games behind Fernandinho.

We’ve got 3 of our best ever players on the way out, and still not replaced Kompany.

Still love the guy to bits and don’t ever want him to leave, but these are big concerns.

I think its a really unfortunate set of circumstances this season. I think Pep wanted a phasing out of the old guard but injuries to key players has forced his hand. No one could have predicted our central defensive rock would get a long term injury (although this would have been less of a problem if another C.B was bought.) I still love watching us play, even when we lose there is a lot to admire. My concern is a lack of plan B, where due to circumstances we all know about, Pep is not prepared to be a little more pragmatic while you get through the periods without your best eleven.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.