Wolves - post match

Franco Baresi said if you have to make a tackle you've already made a mistake.

Defending isn't all about tackling

If it's about positioning then that's probably the worst part of his game. Granted he's not really in the team to defend, but his pace is his only saving grace in that respect.

People moaning about Fern not playing in midfield are crazy.. I love him.. but he’s old by top level footballing standards and deep into his twilight years. The only reason we’re seeing so much of him is due to one almighty fuck up with defensive recruitment. He really shouldn’t be seen as a solution for our midfield.. It’s backwards thinking.

And believe me I love the guy he’s one of my favourite ever city players. It’s just his time is ending.

People moaning about Fern not playing in midfield are crazy.. I love him.. but he’s old by top level footballing standards and deep into his twilight years. The only reason we’re seeing so much of him is due to one almighty fuck up with defensive recruitment. He really shouldn’t be seen as a solution for our midfield.. It’s backwards thinking.

And believe me I love the guy he’s one of my favourite ever city players. It’s just his time is ending.
Keep playing silky ilkay so, and wonder why we are losing games.

He's the best pivot we have at the moment, by miles.

There's no point cutting off your nose to spite your face

Blues you need to wake up we are in trouble.

too many players need replacing at once & buys have been poor.

Pep is in a shit position coz the players are not good enough. The club have not planned for kompany, silva, fern or Aguero with world class replacements.

idiotic we did not sign maguire when we are desperate in that position. We only just got away with it last year.

I actually see it getting worse this season sadly.

let’s keep pep and get the 5 class players in we need starting in January
The replacement for David Silva is Phil Foden; for Fernandinho it's Rodri, and for Aguero (as you may have noticed, for nearly 3 years now) it's Gabriel Jesus. Panic!

Said that all evening long and immediately I saw it. Wolves thought they'd bee done by VAR but it was us. Again. Ref in studio said it was a nailed on sending off.

Everybody said it was so I thought maybe I am being biased. I am glad other people think the same.

Still we were 2-0 up though so this is not why we lost the game (although it was clearly a key moment).

I wonder if City will appeal?
No need for appeal it was a sending off, and why every time we loose a game are we looking to blame someone else,.it is an absolute joke 6 points lost to Wolves this season, but it's someone else's fault

Franco Baresi said if you have to make a tackle you've already made a mistake.

Defending isn't all about tackling
While there's more to defending than tackling, everyone in football never shuts up about the number of tackles VvD tends to win (albeit he's dipped this season). So, positional play apart, is VvD making all these tackles because he's 'already made a mistake' ? I don't think so - albeit it pains me to say so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.