Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of Joey Barton when he was with us.

Decent player in a crap team.

Take away the floppy hair and tell him to put on some shin pads and pull up his socks and he would disappear into mediocrity.
I think this is correct , more style than substance...ala Beckham .

Reactions: mat
He’s a very good player who could become great IMO.

He’s got that ability to keep the ball and find space with the ball that the elite level playmakers have. The likes of Kaka, David Silva, Iniesta and Ozil (in his prime) could all take the ball under pressure and glide with the ball. Grealish has that ability.

Unfortunately for him that’s where the comparisons end because his end product is nowhere near the top level, never mind elite.

In a better side though I wouldnt be surprised if he turned out to be a top class player.

No chance he’s leaving villa in january. Hes their best player, captaining his boyhood club in the prem. I wouldnt be surprised if he stayed next season too, but if they do get relegated the external pressure to leave will be huge.
Too expensive for us for a player not good enough

He’s got that ability to keep the ball and find space with the ball that the elite level playmakers have. The likes of Kaka, David Silva, Iniesta and Ozil (in his prime) could all take the ball under pressure and glide with the ball. Grealish has that ability.

Unfortunately for him that’s where the comparisons end because his end product is nowhere near the top level, never mind elite.

In a better side though I wouldnt be surprised if he turned out to be a top class player.

His end product seems decent for someone that feels like a natural 8, but plays on the wing because he plays for a shambles of a side who needs to pack the middle and wants their best ball manipulator closer to goal.

Think he will turn out to be a very good midfielder, and also saw someone on this forum say he would be good in a Firmino role which I think is a very interesting prospect

No chance he’s leaving villa in january. Hes their best player, captaining his boyhood club in the prem. I wouldnt be surprised if he stayed next season too, but if they do get relegated the external pressure to leave will be huge.
Too expensive for us for a player not good enough
Exactly. Villa without Grealish and with McGinn injured is already relegated. With Grealish they have a realistic chance as he's carrying them by himself, just like Zaha at Crystal Palace

I think this is correct , more style than substance...ala Beckham .

David Bentley 2.0.

A good player, in a smaller team can tell he is capable of playing at a higher level.

Strikes me as a cocky **** though who thinks hes a world beater. If he went Utd he'd falter in my op, once he didn't get his way or wasn't THE main player like he is at Villa and I'm sure he'd see his arse and kick off.

Well he's older now than David Silva was when we bought him. He's another one of those 'talented young players' who no-one notices isn't really young any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.