Crystal Palace (H) - Post Match

I thought City played quite well going forward. We struggled to turn possession into goals, and conceded soft goals. We were unlucky. They score from a corner and a fluke.

Only player I was disappointed with was Cancelo. He showed no desire to get forward. Your 1-0 down, as a full-back you overlap. I'll be amazed if Pep doesn't read him the riot-act.

For the most part it was just one of those days where you play reasonably well and just don't get the breaks.

1st corner for Palace.. Goal!

Got to defend for 6 or 7 minutes at the death.. Goal!

27 goals conceded in 23 premier league games will not win you the league..

We have been brilliant for 2 seasons but a shake up is needed to freshen things up for next season..

We tried today, Kev ran he bollocks off, Bernardo did OK, Mendy did well, other than that, the effort was there but it was more going through the motions than busting a gut for the win..

Love my team and the club, you can't win all the time unfortunately..!

That is the sad truth and I’ve been saying it all year. It’s actually worse when we play without a defensive midfielder, like today, as we expose our back four way more than we should.

It simply isn’t good enough at this level.
We looked alot more assured at the back when Rodri plays in as a back three out of possession, Today showed again why we need a back three an use Walker and Mendy as wing backs. Were not good enough to play with two centre backs until Laporte gets back in the side.

Playing away against us shouldn’t be the piece of piss tactically, it appears to be this season. Opposition managers should have to do more than say to their players “XI men behind the ball and then a long ball over the centre backs”. It shouldn’t be that easy against any side in the Prem, let alone a team that has secured 198 points in the previous two seasons.

Fuck knows why it was deemed necessary to change the team from last week. Ridiculous decison from Pep. The 11 that started hardly put themselves forward for a case of staying in the team either. Shite and another game to chalk up alongside Norwich, Newcastle and Wolves etc.

Just got home. Really, really, really pissed off with that. Poor Sergio doing all that and then realising he's playing in a team that can't defend. Also, why change a winning team?
Their equaliser was a fluke.

We need to stop playing Fernandinho in Central defence. I know most will blame Stones but for me he did OK. He pushed zaha wide and Zaha smashed it across and it hit Fern and went in. Yet to see it on TV.

Stones looked like he got injured again.

1st corner for Palace.. Goal!

Got to defend for 6 or 7 minutes at the death.. Goal!

27 goals conceded in 23 premier league games will not win you the league..

We have been brilliant for 2 seasons but a shake up is needed to freshen things up for next season..

We tried today, Kev ran he bollocks off, Bernardo did OK, Mendy did well, other than that, the effort was there but it was more going through the motions than busting a gut for the win..

Love my team and the club, you can't win all the time unfortunately..!
We look vulnerable every time teams have a go at us, we just have no confidence at all. I’d keep Laporte and walker out of our current defensive players and any of the rest I won’t really be too sad if pep feels it’s time to move them on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.