Bring the Noise

The word is/ words are: “small time”.

People, still, even after a decade of being a mint side, have a small time mentality.

Even when it went 2-2 I had every belief we’d win but then to see THOUSANDS of people just deserting the team like they have so many times down the years just smacks of them all still being a small time set of fans with no understanding of how good we are and what support from the stands is all about.

It wasn’t the goal that made me think the game was done at 2-2, it was the deserters around the ground.

Agüero had the belief that I had when that second went in, he immediately tried to get the team going and I felt the same thing; “come on let’s fucking do it again! There’s 5 minutes left!” But as soon as the streams of fans just started deserting the team, I lost that belief and the team will have n’all.
Gonna disagree slightly (for what it matters mate... The word/words I'd use are Apathetic and expectant. Many are becoming apathetic in vocal support and expectant of high performances almost every home game nowadays sadly. I'll never understand how many in the stadium expect to be entertained before becoming vocal enough to be arsed joining in singing, often only after we score. Seems to becoming more common place these days. Although several more reasons for this.

The noise levels in the stadium is often hard to judge in 110 where I am as the kippax corner 109-11 is often drowned out by vociferous away fans that distort the noise levels of our singers in the south stand. And when we do sing in unison there's often a slight echo as it's so difficult to sing at the exact same moment with a division of away fans sandwiched in between!

I usually always stay till the end, today I left on 87 minutes just managing to see Kun's 2nd. City don't pay me to work and I had to be at work for 5-30 so sorry, had to go and missed the equaliser. I hate going early but hey ho.

I left the stadium happy and confused, not knowing or hearing Palace had scored as I had to jog on to my car.
Confused because yet again the referee (sorry puppet) blew his whistle to give a pen and was yet again overuled by Jurgen Klopp (sorry some faceless ****s in a secret nuclear bunker reputed to be somewhere in Stockley park).

I'm not down, seen much worse when we've been robbed and didn't really have much to rob back in the old days.
These days I'll concede that however well we play, or don't play VAR has(and does implement) the power to influence games for the financial TV rights of keeping it "competitive"(bollocks you corrupt cheating faceless ****s) and contriving a first PL title to a certain club at the wrong end of the M62. That said LiVARpool have been the more consistent fitter team yet again another season devoid of injuries to key players for any length of time, all running around like headlines chickens on speed, even 34 year old Milner. Makes you wonder what batteries these Scouse Duracell Bunnies are really on? Ummmm...... They want the title more than us and if it wasn't for VAR so many times jigging crucial decisions to favour them at our expense and our ongoing suffering of farcical (sorry 'varcial decisions, let's have it right; ) I'd begrudgingly say RS(Red Shit - Everton reference) scousers deserve to be top.

Anyway, I'll always be a blue and love the club till I die. Left the stadium hoarse today from singing and tired of seeing corruption first hand. Confused and pissed off when I heard Palace had equalised, but there's always another game my friends. Another game to get ecstatic dejected confused by VAR and underwhelmed by the contrived 'Match Day Experience' bollocks.

Do yourselves a favour eh, if you're a bit of a silent sit on your seat type you can make the noise happen. Whinging how crap certain players are helps dampen an atmosphere... Make some noise and help create a naturally rousing match day experience that we all have within us.

As for Palace fans, strangely quiet today to say they're so vocal at home games, Everton the same recently.

Perhaps VAR is zapping the life and passion of once passionate match going supporters? Time will tell, and it will tell for me disillusioned by how Premier League football has fast become. All in the name of corruption and financial greed fleecing every last Yen Sheckel Dinar Dollar Dime, Pound Shilling and Pence. The PL is succeeding in enticing the world into watching the best and most competitive (well it was last season) and exciting football league. All this at the shafting of live match going fans kept in the dark and not privy as to what has just actually happened in several angle playbacks that's only live TV show. VAR decisions played back in the stadium would probably help incite trouble between rival fans in stadiums to blow. It's already a powder keg situation waiting to spark violence... The game is slowly but surely dying watching live and the payings fans in the stadium are often left bewildered angry and in a state of shock of how bent many decisions this season have been!. Not just against us either. Wolves too against RS scousers and the rags! Infact most teams apart from Surprise Surprise, I'll ask our Cilla through a crystal ball if she knows like la; )

It's been a long day and night and I'm going to bed now. Night, love you all blues x

Fuck VAR!

Last edited:
I guess the fact that league is gone has a huge implication, takes the edge off.

But that shouldn't be a factor.

Obviously the atmosphere is shit and we need to sing but our style of play kills any atmosphere we have imo. It's hard to keep singing when we aren't going anywhere. Our first half performances recently have been a joke.

Also shouldn't be a factor.

If we need to be winning a title or playing fantastically to elicit a response from pur fans, then something has gone wrong down tge line.

Despite the myth maine rd was some hotbed of chants as it could be as silent as eastlands some games and fans were mainly moaning twats back then too, so this isn't a new thing.

But when it was buzzing it was great and at the time we were average or pretty wank as a team for a long time yet it never stopped us giving it our all on the kippax and north stand, many of them older fans still go and I expect most, like myself chant and sing during the game whether we are playing good or badly, but I also think many of those people ae scattered around the ground rather in one place.

People moved the other year to the south stand when it became the official singing section, but it seems many who did a few years after have now stopped singing, shirley it cannot be because we aren't winning?

Last edited:
Obviously the atmosphere is shit and we need to sing but our style of play kills any atmosphere we have imo. It's hard to keep singing when we aren't going anywhere. Our first half performances recently have been a joke.

That is such a lame excuse. One of the best attacking sides in the country, best players, win trophies every year.

If we can’t sing now then we won’t In the future

The word is/ words are: “small time”.

People, still, even after a decade of being a mint side, have a small time mentality.

Even when it went 2-2 I had every belief we’d win but then to see THOUSANDS of people just deserting the team like they have so many times down the years just smacks of them all still being a small time set of fans with no understanding of how good we are and what support from the stands is all about.

It wasn’t the goal that made me think the game was done at 2-2, it was the deserters around the ground.

Agüero had the belief that I had when that second went in, he immediately tried to get the team going and I felt the same thing; “come on let’s fucking do it again! There’s 5 minutes left!” But as soon as the streams of fans just started deserting the team, I lost that belief and the team will have n’all.
spot on I don't have a season ticket, but go quite regularly so have sat all over the stadium. people actually turn around and laugh at you when you try get an atmosphere going it's embarrassing.

I think yesterday put an end to the myth that purported to claim that without the music/ads/announcements etc, the atmosphere would build and grow naturally.
If anything the atmosphere was worse without the false PA bollocks.
For a 3pm kick-off and after our best 2 performances of the season it was tragic to see a lot of empty seats, zero atmosphere and folks leaving on 2-2 with 5 mins to get a winner. I was gobsmacked. Never seen it that bad.

Now, you all know I’m old but I am (hopefully) going to give you a laugh now! Picture the scene in your head!!!

As the players came back out after half time, when we usually have the nah, nah, na, nana, na, music I stood on the front row of CBL1 waving my scarf just as I normally do and sang that as loud as I could. There were quite a few ‘tourists/randoms’ whatever you like to call them looking at me as much as to say, should we get the men in white coats, but the regulars were laughing with me and going, go for it EB (although they were saying my given name). Although yes, I did feel a bit of a fool I also wanted to encourage the lads. We don’t need music to sing, shout, chant, we need enthusiasm.

I don’t know where the enthusiasm has gone, I’m not a psychologist or a mind reader. But it’s gone and we will just each individually have to try and bring it back!

I’d been shouting before half time and a friend who sits across the aisle from me and a couple of rows back said at half time that a newcomer asked her who was making all the noise!! I must have been loud eh? *lol* I drowned out Hodgson’s assistant at one stage anyway!

Now, you all know I’m old but I am (hopefully) going to give you a laugh now! Picture the scene in your head!!!

As the players came back out after half time, when we usually have the nah, nah, na, nana, na, music I stood on the front row of CBL1 waving my scarf just as I normally do and sang that as loud as I could. There were quite a few ‘tourists/randoms’ whatever you like to call them looking at me as much as to say, should we get the men in white coats, but the regulars were laughing with me and going, go for it EB (although they were saying my given name). Although yes, I did feel a bit of a fool I also wanted to encourage the lads. We don’t need music to sing, shout, chant, we need enthusiasm.

I don’t know where the enthusiasm has gone, I’m not a psychologist or a mind reader. But it’s gone and we will just each individually have to try and bring it back!

I’d been shouting before half time and a friend who sits across the aisle from me and a couple of rows back said at half time that a newcomer asked her who was making all the noise!! I must have been loud eh? *lol* I drowned out Hodgson’s assistant at one stage anyway!

Great stuff Eccles Blue. You are a legend.

I have to confess that even I was lacking in a bit of enthusiasm yesterday. I was still getting up in 209 to join in the Singing Section with Bluemoon etc but for once I wanted the first half to fast forward for my half time pint.

It was much better in the 2nd half even though the mate I go to the game with didn’t return from the bar after half time. My brother has christened him the founder member of the 46:40 Club because he only needs half a season card for the first halves of games. I got the Chines guys next to me joining in with some songs and we celebrated Aguero’s second goal wildly, lol.

Bizarrely it was still a fine day out. We had a better sing song on the Supporters Club coach back across the Pennines that I heard in the Etihad. The young chaps (on the coach) who had come to their first game with their families seemed to enjoy themselves too.

I think yesterday put an end to the myth that purported to claim that without the music/ads/announcements etc, the atmosphere would build and grow naturally.
If anything the atmosphere was worse without the false PA bollocks.
For a 3pm kick-off and after our best 2 performances of the season it was tragic to see a lot of empty seats, zero atmosphere and folks leaving on 2-2 with 5 mins to get a winner. I was gobsmacked. Never seen it that bad.

The game was sold out.

Nearly 55k for a game against palace.

Pretty impressive i thought.

That is such a lame excuse. One of the best attacking sides in the country, best players, win trophies every year.

If we can’t sing now then we won’t In the future
I agree with you mate but it's true. The game dictates the atmosphere, I'm not saying that's how it should be but it does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.