Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
The penalty should have been retaken.

9-CAB2548-AD2-A-49-C1-B046-5-D8-AAFD0-BE69.jpg

The Lino (sorry! Assistant referee) has one job at penalties but he looks to be staring at the ball here. Surely he should be able to see when the kick is taken using more of his peripheral vision and primarily doing what he's supposed to and watching the keeper. Incompetant as his mate in the middle!

and your names Balotelli, most arrogant and cocky penalty taker weve ever had ,him and yaya were excellent penalty takers as is gundogan
I was talking about the here n now, Mario was the most cockiest, arrogant self absorbed footballers to ever wear blue or in the world when he was here. That pen against Spurs when he scored he had arms out, and the t shirt "why always me" made sure of that. I just don't see it when Jesus takes pens but I maybe wrong.'

Sterling took a couple of really good ones for us but then he had two shocking ones against Wolves. Not sure if it’s because he’s low on confidence atm but I was surprised because he was starting to make a case for himself to be our penalty taker.

I’d much rather see a player try for the top corner and potentially blast it over or hit the bar than do this stop-and-go, little step roll it gently to either side of the keeper that seems to be popular at the moment or the kind of wish-washy half-hearted pen that Jesus took last night—mid-height, barely to the side of the keeper and weak.

Just whack it ffs, you’re 12 yards out with a free shot at goal earning 6 figures a week to kick a ball. There’s no chance any goalkeeper is getting to it if you hit it hard and put it in a corner, especially the top corner. Maybe I’m being naive but it really doesn’t seem that difficult

It’s a growing concern how a talented bunch of players, always the top goal scorers in the league and technically most gifted either, can’t take a decent enough penalty or don’t want to.

The Lino (sorry! Assistant referee) has one job at penalties but he looks to be staring at the ball here. Surely he should be able to see when the kick is taken using more of his peripheral vision and primarily doing what he's supposed to and watching the keeper. Incompetant as his mate in the middle!

Just a thought,
would it be allowed to place one of our players at the goal line just outside the box
just to have a look if the keeper stays on the line?
Surely the penalty wouldn't be offside.

Would be funny to control those useless pub league refs/linos.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.