Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
Sterling took a couple of really good ones for us but then he had two shocking ones against Wolves. Not sure if it’s because he’s low on confidence atm but I was surprised because he was starting to make a case for himself to be our penalty taker.

I’d much rather see a player try for the top corner and potentially blast it over or hit the bar than do this stop-and-go, little step roll it gently to either side of the keeper that seems to be popular at the moment or the kind of wish-washy half-hearted pen that Jesus took last night—mid-height, barely to the side of the keeper and weak.

Just whack it ffs, you’re 12 yards out with a free shot at goal earning 6 figures a week to kick a ball. There’s no chance any goalkeeper is getting to it if you hit it hard and put it in a corner, especially the top corner. Maybe I’m being naive but it really doesn’t seem that difficult
Lee Wun Pen

I would literally give anything for Ederson to be our penalty taker. I love that man,

I would give a try as well. He just has to score, no miss allowed.
On the other hand Ed wouldn't be the strongest message about our field players and strikers...

Sadly our penalties say a lot about our overall conversion mentality.
That has to change.
Kev won't take them for mental reasons, he hates it.
Fern the same. Dave as well.
Great ballers all of them but don't like that pressure.

Last night I thought Zinchenko would have been my man without Gundy.

I would give a try as well. He just has to score, no miss allowed.
On the other hand Ed wouldn't be the strongest message about our field players and strikers...

Sadly our penalties say a lot about our overall conversion mentality.
That has to change.
Kev won't take them for mental reasons, he hates it.
Fern the same. Dave as well.
Great ballers all of them but don't like that pressure.

Last night I thought Zinchenko would have been my man without Gundy.

It certainly won't help if Ederson has a penalty saved and then has to immediately sprint 200 yards to get back.

It certainly won't help if Ederson has a penalty saved and then has to immediately sprint 200 yards to get back.

You can't have the keeper take penalties during the game and I'm sure Pep wasn't saying that Ed will take them but he may not have been joking about Ed being the best at it.

I do remember when Alex Stepney was the Rags penalty taker.

I'm guessing Pep will appoint Gundo, Zin and Rodri. Leroy might be nominated when he returns.

You can't have the keeper take penalties during the game and I'm sure Pep wasn't saying that Ed will take them but he may not have been joking about Ed being the best at it.

I do remember when Alex Stepney was the Rags penalty taker.

I'm guessing Pep will appoint Gundo, Zin and Rodri. Leroy might be nominated when he returns.

I give you Rogério Mücke Ceni 131 goals from penalties and freekicks :)

I was looking for José Luis Chilavert but he only scored 67 goals :)

We’d be better off doing a raffle and the winner gets to come from the crowd and take the next one.

If Edersen does take the penalties we'll be accused of not showing the opposition enough respect.

We’d be better off doing a raffle and the winner gets to come from the crowd and take the next one.
It's the only City raffle I'd ever win - "and now here comes the penalty taker - Fatboy himself"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.