Cruises

Always strikes me as a slightly higher-class, floating, all-inclusive. Not for me but each to his own.

I hate all inclusive but am about to dip my toe into the cruise experience, on paper you get all the benefits of an all inclusive without the boredom. My only concern is dress code, tips, excursion prices and overcrowding of pool and facilities.

I hate all inclusive but am about to dip my toe into the cruise experience, on paper you get all the benefits of an all inclusive without the boredom. My only concern is dress code, tips, excursion prices and overcrowding of pool and facilities.
I have been on 4 cruises and just booked one for Caribbean for Jan 2021.Depends what company you book with but dress code usualy very imformal but can dress up for the "Formal" or "Captains night. Excursions booked through the ship are usualy very well organized but expensive .Loads of places can just do your own thing .American ships you have to pay 10% gratuity fee .Meal times, most ships have snack bar from 10am till 6pm buffet style restaurant plus select dining room .you will soon suss out best time to go .If it busy they give you a buzzer so wait in a bar and they will buz you .on sea days round the pools it can be busy but again just suss out best time to have a dip .plenty of sunbeds all round the ship.Marella Cruise (Formally TUI & Thompsons) are all inclusive plus tips. MSC also all inclusive .other ships you pay for a drink package. Marella are a lot les informal but staff are brilliant and entertainment is great .Loads of agencies Planet Cruise ect might give you a better deal than booking direct .if you want more info just PM me

Thought I’d hate it before my first one a couple of years ago.
Ended up having a ball and done 3 more since.
A week is enough though.

Done 2 'local ones', Spain/Italy was our first with a drinks package with MSC went with Mrs Moons sisters and partners who were all regular cruisers so we knew about the % add-ons, food great, drank enough to pay for the package but had an inside cabin which was horrible for air quality when using deodorants etc.

Second one was a Greek Islands one with a balcony, just Mrs Moon & me (sounds like a great detective TV show) with TUI less formal, poorer drinks, less staff but was ok. As regular Greek travellers we went the other way from the crowds in some instances visiting friends over there.

Fancy Croatia but not the crowds so mulling it over for perhaps a late season trip in 2021.

In summary it's perhaps something if affordable everyone should do once even if like us we didn't really take advantage of the shows or excursions.

https://cruisetotheedge.com/
ctte20-slide-marquee-092619v2.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.