Criticism of Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never did blame Pep today just highlighting that your claim we hammered them is an exaggeration as finishing and defending are also crucial elements of a game of football.

I don't think its Peps fault but for a man who rotates so much there are players who need a break now and some who need a run of games.

We hammered them mate.

For a Manager with such a deserved reputation for.meticulous obsessive planning and preparation, it's truly amazing just how shite we've become at penalties since Guardiola took over.

However, it's not his fault that we lost today.

Not necessarily. Someone pointed the rules out on here the other day with the GK being the last line of defence so from halfway to our net is no man's land so they would have to either A run the full length with the ball & hope our players on the halfway line don't tackle them or B shoot from their own half & hope the defender we leave in our box can't stop it going in.

I lot can happen between him missing it and getting back they don’t have to shoot straight away. It doesn’t happen for a reason.

Yeah it’s a head scratcher now. Usually you go for the best striker of the ball which would be KDB but he obviously doesn’t fancy it. Wonder what Rodri would be like?

I'm in the hit it fucking hard club.

Anyone who can put their laces through the ball and is confident enough to do just that.

Rodri can belt a ball thats for sure.

We have reached our peak last season when we clawed back the title with the current squad and Pep in charge. Fingers crossed he will have some some fresh ideas during the summer (providing he still wants to be here).

Gundo had a 100% record prior to this game and his pen today should have been retaken.
There was no need not to hand him the ball.

In competitive games, yes. He missed one in the pre season which was a fucking wank penalty and this weird notion that he’s impeccable at them wouldn’t have been perpetuated half as much if people had remembered.

Add in the fact he’s taken about 8 in how ever many years and about 4 for us.

The penalty situation has been going on from the Mahrez miss at anfield, could of cost us the league, thankfully it didn't. The Aguero miss away at Spurs CL, could of cost us a place in the CL semi- final, probably did. Football matches at top level can be lost on fine margins, todays was another missed penalty, a golden opportunity to settle the nerves, put us in control, what happens, we miss the fucker and nearly end up with sterling sent off. Get the penalties sorted please, before the Madrid game.

Sergio off, Cancelo on.

Sterling and Mahrez start, B Silva on the bench.

No threat from corners.
All very strange, couldn’t understand why Sterling stayed on the pitch longer than Kun, and why he was on from the start given his form. Why Cancelo came on instead of Silva I don’t know, mind you why B Silva didn’t start left hand side of midfield was also very strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.