Var debate 2019/20

Like the Sheffield United one it should of been retaken (and maybe a Lloris sending off because of the challenge on Sterling). Whether we would scored it is another matter. As for Raz's booking its debatable and you could call it a very rare VAR decision in our favour.

Yes, Lloris was off his line. Penalty should definitely have been retaken. I’ve seen some say that VAR can’t intervene in that instance. But I’m pretty sure that it did during the Nations Cup?

I do have to ask you, though, why you suggest that Lloris might have been sent off. Yes, there was contact but, IMO, Sterling was already going down long before any contact. Even if Dean had decided to give a penalty, it would have been a yellow card at most. Why red?

Yes, Lloris was off his line. Penalty should definitely have been retaken. I’ve seen some say that VAR can’t intervene in that instance. But I’m pretty sure that it did during the Nations Cup?

I do have to ask you, though, why you suggest that Lloris might have been sent off. Yes, there was contact but, IMO, Sterling was already going down long before any contact. Even if Dean had decided to give a penalty, it would have been a yellow card at most. Why red?

The challenge on Sterling but looking it again it would of been generous.

Last edited:
The thing I'm waiting for now is the next time Edison saves a penalty if he's off his line just watch the retake decision straight away.

Yellow would have been right as you say but in all honesty no-body knows with certainty what the rules are anymore , that was a farce today , over 140 yrs of the game & var has managed to ruin it in 6 months

Never a penalty the second one he was going down before Lloris even gets near him. Besides, Sterling was a lucky boy to stay on the pitch, I'm shocked VAR let him off the hook.

Never a penalty the second one he was going down before Lloris even gets near him. Besides, Sterling was a lucky boy to stay on the pitch, I'm shocked VAR let him off the hook.
It was one of those that on another day is red,when VAR looked at it I thought here we go red card,giving how we have been stitched up I’m surprised it wasn’t red,but I’ve already given my reasons on the match thread,as for the lloris pen save then sterling challenge that’s a stonewall pen for me lloris nowhere near the ball,the give city another pen was never gonna happen,anyhow you’s won but surely you must be concerned how poor your team is ( you got away with it today) but can’t keep riding your luck the remainder of the season.hopefully some good will come from your win as preventing the rags from getting top 4 ...

Last edited:
VAR has a mare.

Sterling should have been sent off.

The time to give the pen was ridiculous.

The pen should have been retaken.

That error was backed up by Sterling not getting a pen after being clearly fouled.

The first half was close to unwatchable.

VAR has a mare.

Sterling should have been sent off.

The time to give the pen was ridiculous.

The pen should have been retaken.

That error was backed up by Sterling not getting a pen after being clearly fouled.

The first half was close to unwatchable.

Correct - how any one can say that's not a pen ia beyond me!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.