Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a penalty, most of the players were up the field, saying he was "miles away" is complete exaggeration. Why he was booked was Alderweireld was being particularly aggressive pushing him and the officials must have assumed he was doing the same. If you actually look closely at the incident he was not being an aggressor. Very often officials book a player from each side, as if they are being even handed, IMO he was unlucky based on what actually happened.
I maintain he had no business running in from where he was to get involved, he brought it on himself

I thought he was having a decent game yesterday until the sending off. It went downhill from an awful corner by Mahrez, that put us under pressure from the breakaway. His shoulder charge on Winks was a yellow card in today's game, but because he went and got himself involved in an altercation at the penalty aftermath and received a yellow card, he copped for the second yellow and subsequent red on the breakaway challenge.
All totally unnecessary.

It was a penalty, most of the players were up the field, saying he was "miles away" is complete exaggeration. Why he was booked was Alderweireld was being particularly aggressive pushing him and the officials must have assumed he was doing the same. If you actually look closely at the incident he was not being an aggressor. Very often officials book a player from each side, as if they are being even handed, IMO he was unlucky based on what actually happened.

I tend to agree.

In theory, Zin shouldn't get involved and risk a yellow (now, hindsight, without adrenaline involved).

But: he was stepping in for a team mate, who was just pointed out of being a cheating **** by Alderweireld in an aggressive manner.
Raheem, who has a hard time anyway and Zin obviously wanted to help him and stood the ground.

In terms of team psychology it's not a bad thing to show some confident body language at such a difficult ground,
the high art though is doing it without getting booked...

The 2nd yellow was correctly given as a tactical foul, although Winks couldn't wait to go down for a near non-event.

Gundogan - not on a yellow - had the chance to stop Winks just before Zin, but didn't. A costly decision.

Besides that I thought Zin had a good match and positive attitude, was ready for a fight (which he showed later on...).

he's been playing LB for 2 season now, so doubt it's anything new to him any more. He's also been good at it, so I'm wondering what you think a "proper" LB would bring to the table
The name "Leftback" apparently :)

It's fast disappearing into the mists of time but I seem to recall that the David Luis assault on Sergio which prompted the Alty Tit to delve into his pocket for a red and then suspiciously produced a toilet roll with which to wipe his arse when his bout of constipation suddenly ended, was infinitely more deserving of any coloured card than the gentle shoulder charge that sent a twelve stone forward tearing towards our goal line suddenly sprawling towards the touchline.

I tend to agree.

In theory, Zin shouldn't get involved and risk a yellow (now, hindsight, without adrenaline involved).

But: he was stepping in for a team mate, who was just pointed out of being a cheating **** by Alderweireld in an aggressive manner.
Raheem, who has a hard time anyway and Zin obviously wanted to help him and stood the ground.

In terms of team psychology it's not a bad thing to show some confident body language at such a difficult ground,
the high art though is doing it without getting booked...

The 2nd yellow was correctly given as a tactical foul, although Winks couldn't wait to go down for a near non-event.

Gundogan - not on a yellow - had the chance to stop Winks just before Zin, but didn't. A costly decision.

Besides that I thought Zin had a good match and positive attitude, was ready for a fight (which he showed later on...).

Gundogan and physical challenge? He will always leave it to someone else.

Zinchenko, like both John and Nico, needs Laporte next to him to guide him and clean up after him. It's not the end of the world since he's relatively inexperienced, but I've not been surprised to see him struggle without Laporte there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.