Var debate 2019/20

Someone has had enough

Pep Guardiola on the missed penalty vs Spurs: “In the Champions League, it would be retaken, but in England there is a new rule. The referees spoke with my team and said they don’t care and the goalkeeper can go forward and they will not disallow it..."

“So, in one country, it is one way and, in another, it is another way. That’s the situation. I’m not in the meetings any more. In Europe, you would have to repeat the penalty, but in England? No. Here, they say the keepers can do that." #MCFC | @ManCity
Doesn't make sense to me - does this mean the English game can change any rule it wants as long as it is restricted to our shores?

Someone has had enough

Pep Guardiola on the missed penalty vs Spurs: “In the Champions League, it would be retaken, but in England there is a new rule. The referees spoke with my team and said they don’t care and the goalkeeper can go forward and they will not disallow it..."

“So, in one country, it is one way and, in another, it is another way. That’s the situation. I’m not in the meetings any more. In Europe, you would have to repeat the penalty, but in England? No. Here, they say the keepers can do that." #MCFC | @ManCity
What makes it even stranger is that it’s one of the few decisions VAR can get spot on.

I guess the real question is whether we'd be happy if VAR was removed or would we be moaning even more about offsides not seen or given incorrectly, penalties not given or given by mistake, certainly the shithousing in the penalty area which has all but ceased would return with knobs on, personally I think with a few tweaks here and there it's far better with VAR

well said

I’m on board with you pal.

It is getting and will continue to get better.
PIGMOL cannot continue to have it all ways though , all tight calls need to be shown both to the match day crowd and the TV audience.
Liverpool and United should be told to lose the seats and fit the system, period.
Fuck them, if they don’t have it tough shit, the two biggest clubs haven’t got screens unfucking lucky, all other teams should be allowed to see it, let their fans kick up a fuss at their grounds. It’s no different to VAR been used in the cups at only premier league grounds.

Its going to take more than a few tweaks to get VAR fully operational, and to convince us sceptical supporters that it will be beneficial for the game. Both United and Liverpool had found a way to circumnavigate the whole thing already.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.