UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a long glance over the CAS document, all 35 pages, and what it important to note is that we can still appeal any AC decision from UEFA and pretty much all of the issues we raise have been dismissed as inadmissible, rather than as being unfounded, due to technicalities like not exhausting other legal routes first, not waiting for a final decision (as we thought the process and thus decision was compromised) etc. Not because we've not got a good case.

The paragraph on the leaks is most interesting, I do hope we have some more concrete evidence to push this, as it could really rip UEFA apart.

This bit was the most pleasing to read:

The alleged leaking of information by members of the Investigatory Chamber or the UEFA administration about the proceedings against MCFC is worrisome. Again, the Panel is mindful not to trespass into the authority of the Adjudicatory Chamber to address MCFC’s procedural complaints in detail. However, it must be noted that MCFC’s complaints as to the leaks do not, on a prima facie basis, appear to be entirely without merit, particularly concerning the First and Second Leak, […], and the Fifth Leak, which refers to an “insider” at UEFA as the source. 114. It puzzles the Panel how the CFCB Chief Investigator could be so confident to “vehemently reject [MCFC’s] allegations of unlawful activities, either by myself or by any of the members of the UEFA CFCB, in particular of its Investigatory Chamber (IC)”, and to state that MCFC’s allegations regarding the leaks were “groundless in the merits” and to “assure [MCFC] that at no time, myself or any of my fellow members of the IC have violated any rights of your club”.

Basically CAS are questioning the Chief Investigator. Regardless of the final AC decision, there could well be an investigation into him personally now. Either he, an underling, or someone with access to his data could have leaked the info, and the timings of the newspaper headlines makes even CAS sit up and take notice.

I therefore can't see how they can hang anything on us, as well be straight to CAS to get it thrown out. That aside, once a decision has been made and CAS can act without influencing a decision, I think CAS are also now duty bound to recommend to open an independent investigation into the leaks. We may not even have to do anything, besides push for damages, especially if one of these media outlets were to leak the leaker, so to speak. Now that would be dynamite.

This will be huge if true. Of course the press will sweep it under the UEFA branded rug.

@sportingintel
Among intriguing aspects of ongoing "new" FFP case is if not "settled" between UEFA & City privately (and confidentially), any appeal at CAS would end with every spit & cough of what was alleged (and proven or not), in a CAS doc like today's, but MUCH bigger.

@sportingintel·
3m
In short: various MCFC appeals that, in effect, sought to halt or disrupt the "new" UEFA FFP case against them, were all ruled inadmissable.

Which isn't new information , but he sure gets a kick out of it
Weren’t they ruled inadmissible because no judgement had been reached and not because they were without foundation?

People joke about the reputation damage it’s done but the reality is it’s been horrific for our reputation. I’d not heard much FFP bullshit from the media or opposition fans for a few years, but this whole thing has hung drawn and quartered us in everyone’s eyes. We are the devil club who cheat FFP and there is no come back from it regardless of what happens now and our lack of guilt. We should fuck UEFA for every penny we can. Wishful thinking I know but the damage they have done to our reputation with this is irreversable.

People joke about the reputation damage it’s done but the reality is it’s been horrific for our reputation. I’d not heard much FFP bullshit from the media or opposition fans for a few years, but this whole thing has hung drawn and quartered us in everyone’s eyes. We are the devil club who cheat FFP and there is no come back from it regardless of what happens now and our lack of guilt. We should fuck UEFA for every penny we can. Wishful thinking I know but the damage they have done to our reputation with this is irreversable.

Wishful thinking? I'd say it's on the agenda now.

Walk into any pub and get talking to any rag dipper or fan of any club for that matter and the first thing they’ll bring up is ffp make that any bar in the world that’s what we’re known for being cheats because of these bent bastards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.